New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DID ANYONE GO OUT TODAY FOR SMALL GAME? IF YOU GOT A SMALL GAME ANIMAL AND YOUR IN THE CONTEST, SPECIFY HOW MANY YOU SHOT AND POST PICTURES TO PROVE IT!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO YOU KNOW IF DRAGTHOR IS STILL GOING OUT THIS AFTERNOON OR DOES HE HAVE WORK THIS AFTERNOON?

·
Registered
201 Posts
curious, I have heard talk of fox, coon,and oppossum. what other small game animals are there to shoot and is a .22 all you can hunt them with or are there other options? Never been small game hunting before but it would seem a cheap and entertaining past time.. I are these all edible?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think they would be edible to an extent. there are probably not many recipes for these but if you did a google search you can probably find recipes. it is a cheap way to get out in the woods. its very exciting and entertaining. your constanly moving so you are never bored! [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
You can shoot squirrels and rabbits. We are also including upland game i nour contest. As far as a .22 you need a rifle permit. And even then I believe you can only use a muzzleloading rifle. I believe the only animal you can harvest with a .22 is a woodchuck. Unless you have a valid trappers license and are dispatching the trapped animal.
I usually just use the trusty shotgun.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Good old 20 for me. I want the Stoeger 12/20 over/under combo. Then that will be by gun of choice.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have a double trigger on yours? my brother has a stefano fausti with a double trigger. he love the old fashioned double trigger! mine has it too and i also love it!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I don't believe Stoegers have the double trigger. I am yet to get one. I have to finsh paying for the pup. Maybe next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts