New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts

How's that for you Mack. 4 points for team What Goes Up, Must Come Down (team 1)
Nice grouse. 1st one I have ever taken. Jim kicked up another one, but we never saw it. Only heard it. I also missed a woodcock. May have been 2 different woodcock, but I think it was the same one. Either way, no points for woodcock, because I missed. I could have put us up there big, but oh well.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Oh. They are the same birds. They just fly over to Jersey. Ask Jim about the grouse though and the squirrels he missed.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Just busting you Mack. But, we're in the lead though. But, Jim says that will change.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
his shooting needs to change if he wants the lead
Yeah, he needs to shoot. He didn't take one shot today. 2 squirrels right in front of him and he didn't shoot. Too busy doing other things.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Mack, we saw/heard 2 grouse. 1 I got. We kicked up one wood [no swearing please] twice we believe. If there were 2 woodcock, the 2nd one got up in the area near where the 1st one landed.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Yes, Jim I only hit 25% of my shots. I guess you did do better than me. I can't hit the boardside of a barn.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
B du B, If I positioned myself where my gut told me to go but my head said otherwise, I probably would have had my limit of grouse. But thats hunting. Wish I got that wood [no swearing please] though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.