New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF YOU GO OUT SMALL GAME HUNTING AND SHOOT A SMALL GAME ANIMAL AND YOUR IN THE CONTEST, PLEASE POST PICTURES SO YOUR TEAM CAN GET SOME POINTS! REMINDER OF TEAMS....

JIM AND MPEMT, HOWD YOU GUYS DO TODAY???

·
Registered
14,010 Posts

How's that for you Mack. 4 points for team What Goes Up, Must Come Down (team 1)
Nice grouse. 1st one I have ever taken. Jim kicked up another one, but we never saw it. Only heard it. I also missed a woodcock. May have been 2 different woodcock, but I think it was the same one. Either way, no points for woodcock, because I missed. I could have put us up there big, but oh well.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Secret spot.
never seen a nj grouse
I thought you said you shot some on Old Mine Road.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Oh. They are the same birds. They just fly over to Jersey. Ask Jim about the grouse though and the squirrels he missed.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no but its just cool to see a bird in nj because of the decrease in population in nj. pa has alot according to the guys at uplandjournal.com

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Just busting you Mack. But, we're in the lead though. But, Jim says that will change.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
his shooting needs to change if he wants the lead
Yeah, he needs to shoot. He didn't take one shot today. 2 squirrels right in front of him and he didn't shoot. Too busy doing other things.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got confused with the story that you posted..how many grouse and how many wood [no swearing please] did you kick up today???

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Mack, we saw/heard 2 grouse. 1 I got. We kicked up one wood [no swearing please] twice we believe. If there were 2 woodcock, the 2nd one got up in the area near where the 1st one landed.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Pa small game opens tomorrow!!! I can't get out til the 5th of November thos, I wanna concentrate on the big bucks in PA

·
11,226 Posts
Ask Jim about the grouse though and the squirrels he missed.
First off I didn't miss the squirrels! I never got a shot off! lol The one ran across the path while I was reading the WMA sign and I never even saw it! Mike could have shot it but was waiting for me too... Mikes grouse jumped up on a log 10 feet from me but he was directly between Mike and I and I could not take the shot. When he flew I yelled to Mike "Grouse Flying" and then I heard BOOM! 4 points for the bad guy's!:D Then later, on another push through some really thick cover I had one fly up right in front of me but I couldn't see more then 4 or 5 feet in any direction and over my head was all leaves so that grouse lives to see another day!
Now lets talk about missing shots! Mike had a shot or 2 or 3 at Mr. wood [no swearing please] flying in the wide open and that bird lived to see another day! My squirrel miss was a non-shot due to lack of concentration and Not seeing the animal, although we did see one standing in the path but we didn't think it was a squirrel until it ran! LOL! Some lucky squirrels out there today! It was a great day to be outside!!![up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Yes, Jim I only hit 25% of my shots. I guess you did do better than me. I can't hit the boardside of a barn.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
No problem. Someday we'll get out to the Gap.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow -- mpemt24 -- you killed a grouse in Jersey -- I may have to pay you to guide me...

Nice work, and nice looking bird! Sounds like a good day.

My pup and I are going out for wood [no swearing please] tomorrow -- hope we have as good a day as you guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts