New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well good luck to all young & old.......Brownstones will be here in 15 mins. I need to get ready, we are meeting GunnyFern.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Joe- Good Luck and best of luck to all who are heading out today. I'll be WV bound in 40 min

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
seen four deer this morning had a spike and a button buck right under my tree, turkeys were out in full force today must have seen 25.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Found a dead Pheasant still warm from last nights stocking. I carried it part way to my stand and proped it on a stump facing away from the trail. suure enough about an hour after sunup I hear a lone shot from that area. On the way out, yup just a few scatered feathers, someone shot a dead bird from a stump. At least it didn't go to waste. Other than that O. I heard one fighting a sappling before sunup.Wouldn't have done me any good, I need another doe now that the season changed.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got in my stand around 5:30am, about 1/2 hour later I hear deer behind snorting, but they didn't wind me, wind was from them to me, after the snorting stopped I heard a coyote yealping. Around 8:30am I hear a deer coming shes trotting and coming to me, she comes broadside at 30 yards, then walks back and in front of me at 20 yards, I'm thinking a buck is chasing her, but she was looking around as if she got split up from her family group. About 1 hour later I had a huge doe and her fawn under me for a good 10 minutes I really think she was about 140/150 lbs. she gave all the perfect shots to me. Brownstones also saw 2 deer a mature doe with a fawn, no buck. I just don't understand how we both see 2 mature does and no buck in tow.

Also there was no shooting at all going on up there. I thought for sure with today being YOUTH DAY for deer we would see deer allover.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I bumped a nice racked buck and a doe on the way in this afternoon. He didnt come back. Saw one other doe that made its way down to where my buddy was and he missed her at 20 yards. he forgot his arm guard and his string slapped his jacket. Hopefully none of you smokepolers shoot my deer.;):D

·
Registered
973 Posts
This morning started to look good when I pulled in with my truck to see 4 deer and one chasing them. It was acting like a buck on a hot doe trail. Well... got into my stand and waited very patiently for the sun to come up and see what was in range. Just when I thought all of the bad luck for this year was over...another truck pulls into the property and starts to set up his geese decoys. [mad]well of course he got two birds and I was out of my stand by 8:00 and off to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts