New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wed June 15th Stripers on the Little Hawk. Pop runs this trip and we always have a great time.10 guys and We usually limit out within 2 hours.

Thursday Aug 18th ( I think )Agian on the Little Hawk. This trip is usually for weaks but the last 2 years have been really poor so we hit the stripers agian.I was pesimistic at best when The captian,(Joe)
first told us we were going for stripers in August, but there we were limiting out in a couple of hours the last 2 years.Joe has been working with a commercial clammer and gets right next to him as its dragging. Its a great time.I have to say If you're looking for a charter the Little Hawk is fantastic.If youre interested let me know and I'll give you the info.

Aug 26th I'm running a trip through my American Legion for either Weaks or Fluke( Hopefully Weaks if they're here this year),Aboard the Freddy C If nothing else it will be a good trip with 45 of my closest, drunken friends.
I will probally take a few trips on the Sea Hunter throughout the Summer for Fluke. Captian Rob is very good. If youre looking for a headboat out of the Highlands this is the boat to take.
So what are your plans for the Spring and Summer Guys and Gals?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Capt. Joe Occhipinti Jr. of the Lil' Hawk was my neighbor for the past 5 years up until two weeks ago, and is a personal friend of mine.

He and his father are two of the most knowledgeable Charter Boat Captains in the Sandy Hook/Raritan Bay area.

If you want to catch stripers, weakfish, fluke, &/or blues, they're the guys you want to be with, and you're not locked into any one species on your trip -They usually have the passengers limit out on Stripers in the first hour of fishing, then let the passengers decide to catch and release more stripers OR choose to fish for weaks, fluke, sea b [no swearing please] &/or blues the rest of the trip, - That's the way they work it!!!!

See:
http://www.littlehawkcharters.com/

I've never personally fished with Joe, but I've set up trips for many people from my job - All trips were successful, and all of my co-workers were very happy with the service and fishing success.

Joe Jr. and I have shared and compared notes on fishing hot spots while meeting in our driveway as we each returned home from our many separate, yet successful fishing trips - He really knows his stuff, and getting behind that clammer to fish in the "honey hole" is his #1 fish producing tactic, especially when no one else is catching fish anywhere else in the area!!!!

Good luck fishing with Joe, and tell him his old neigbor, Jon T., says "Hi".

...Tight lines to all!!!

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JT we always Catch fish with the Little Hawk. We take at least 2 trips a year with Joe and Joe jr. Problem is the last couple of years the weaks havet been there but Joe always puts on fish. Last year we were limiting out on Stripers in the middle of August.I'm going June 15th I'll tell you say hello.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts