New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well? some of you may know that I have a quest to win a bass boat by fishing the Walmart Bass Fishing Leauge, (BFL) Empire Div. The first tourny was On Lake Champlain this past Saturday, With no Practice time on the lake and haveing never fished it My hopes were slim that I could place very high at all.

After all the rain we had the water at the launch site in South Bay was nearly White! like looking at skim milk. I thought Crap I am not catching crap today! I talked to my boater partner and asked what he had in mind for the day? Were we going after Smallies of Bucket mouths?, he said buckets.

We headed north to our first spot of the morning only to find another competeitor alreay there, we fished near by but far enough away to give them room. I watched as they ripped up fish after fish. and I still hadn't had a bite! I was tossing a spinnerbait when I noticed the there where Alewives following it! I dug in my tackle to find a Senco of the same length and color, I made my first cast out and WHAM!!! my first hit!! I set the hook and landed a nice 3lb largie!this was at 7:30am By 9 I had a small limit!! about 8 or so pounds, My parner had only 2 fish at that point for about 2 lbs.

We hit up a second spot where the senco nabbed me 2 more fish but they didn't cull.

we then hit up a third spot in 6 feet of water with lots of grass, with a break line that dropped off into 11 feet. my parner tossed out a wacky rigged Junebug colored senco and hooked up on his first cast, A nice 3 plus pound largemouth! a cast laster he matched it! That's all it took for me to rig up a junebug senco!! only I texas rigged it and add some Mega Strike! to it. I then quickly procceded to cull out all my fish for a limit of Three plus pounders!!

we founf this spot at aroiund noon and had only an hour and a half to fish it, My parner filled out his limit and I changed mine out for bigger fish! We also both hooked and lost what would amount to at least two more limits!

We head back for the weigh in. we get set up with bags ang then I hit the stage with my fish, my bag? 16 pounds 10 OZ!!!! And the lead!!!! for about an hour![rofl][rofl] I ended my first BFL with a tie for 4th that was settled with the biggest fish we each had, he beat me by an ounce![wallmad]

Soooo? it's a 5th place finish for me out of 108 and 433 bucks! Not to shabby![rofl][up]

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I need to make the top 40 to make the regionals for a chance to fish for a Ranger bass boat so I still have a ways to go yet. the next one is on Cayuga lake but I cant't make that one,next for me is Onieda on Aug. 8th and then back to Champlain on Aug. 22, this time in Ticondaroga

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Nice job Paul[up]

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks alot folks! Can't wait till Onieda!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up][up]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts