New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, the freezer is almost full from regular bow, permit bow, and a great rifle hunt in WV, and i dont have any monster bucks targeted at this point, so i have been reluctant to go out for "6 day" this week, but i was thinking i should go out for a few sits and who knows, maybe a shooter will walk out and i can get a "free buck" without paying for permits and buck stubs. The division should change what they call "6 day buck week" to "free buck week", you know, just to make us feel like we are getting a deal! Wink wonk.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
cmon they make all their money back in hunter violations! That's like raising the speed limit from 55 to 65... but doubling the speeding ticket price [rofl]

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Hey I'm using it for a "Free" additional permit bow buck tag! Thank you NJDFG!!!!! I may try to "outsmart" them some more, and buy a permit shotgun tag, so that I can use it for an extension of that "free" buck tag, with my bow... I think that is legal, because if you are shotgun hunting "permit days" and didn't use a buck tag for 6-day, you can shoot a buck. I see nothing that says I can't use my bow provided I bought the permit bow tag for that zone...

I just love the TAG system! Please don't ever simplify it to something like, eh I don't know... How about TWO PORTABLE BUCK TAGS, PER YEAR, USE THEM HOW EVER YOU WANT???

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Hey I'm using it for a "Free" additional permit bow buck tag! Thank you NJDFG!!!!! I may try to "outsmart" them some more, and buy a permit shotgun tag, so that I can use it for an extension of that "free" buck tag, with my bow... I think that is legal, because if you are shotgun hunting "permit days" and didn't use a buck tag for 6-day, you can shoot a buck. I see nothing that says I can't use my bow provided I bought the permit bow tag for that zone...

I just love the TAG system! Please don't ever simplify it to something like, eh I don't know... How about TWO PORTABLE BUCK TAGS, PER YEAR, USE THEM HOW EVER YOU WANT???
if you look at the weapons permissible for each season, bow can only be used during six day and not permit shotgun. Be careful when you post your next pic. Wink wink!

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind about permit shotgun for guys that hunt with their muzzleloaders Is only smoothbore muzzleloaders are permitted. No rifles.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Thanks for the update on permit shotgun guys... I did not see that... Don't worry - I really was not going to give them another $28 and I think I shot enough bone this year, so if anything I will target Doe-Zilla with the bow... Going out next two afternoons - if she comes by she is going down. If I am surprised by a giant rack - well it will be a game time decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.