New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
5,411 Posts
occasionally reqires a chain saw
In business you want things to work when you need them. Husqvarna or Stihl. You pay more initially, but when you need them they are there![up]

· Registered
2,376 Posts
any of the 3 mentioned above.My uncle has an echo that belonged to my grandfather.I am guessing mid-late 70's modle. still running like a champ. I had a stihl I bought when I was in Highschool(17 yrs ago) to make extra money from firewood,dad has it now because I have no use for it.It stihl(sorry had to spell it like that [lol]) runs, and cuts like it was just off the shelf.

· Registered
3,294 Posts
how much are u looking to spend? will u be required to cut large diamater stuff? since ur a landscaper u should buy a pro saw, they are made better and last longer, but cost more money, i like stihls, the stihl ms 361 is a great light and powerful saw, thats what i would get if i was in ur shoes, and if u can aford a 600$ saw. the ms 290 is a decent saw for the money also that u may want to check out. stay away from the saws at stores like home depot, lowes, tsc etc. they are not that good. check out www.arboristsite.com u can learn a lot there, its just like njhunter except with loggers, chainsaw lovers, firewood guys, etc

· Registered
512 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Stihl. I've got 2. One is an older Stihl Farm Boss model # I can't remember. It sat in my mothers garage for at least 20 years before I got it last summer. Gassed it up gave it some bar oil and it started on the first pull after 20 years sitting idle!!! Has been running strong ever since. I wouldn't get any other kind.

· Registered
182 Posts
I owned a McColough (good saw, no longer made), and a Poulan (total POS), and I just bought a Stihl MS360 with a longer bar and slightly bigger motor. So far, the Stihl is an excellent performer. I would recommend the Stihl. I'm planning on cutting up trees to feed my wood stove for the coming winter, and I have no doubt at all that it's up to the task.

· Registered
5,875 Posts
If you decide to go with Husqvarna do some research on the model you plan to buy. I don't remember model numbers but last year I was lookinig for an inexpensive saw for some light stuff. I looked at the lower end husqvarnas, stihls, and echo's. While looking at the husky's I learned their bottom 3-4 models are actually Poulan saws.

· Premium Member
14,376 Posts
I have a Stihl it always works every time I call upon it I have had lesser saws but never one as good and for sure not better. Sthil 025

· Registered
2,481 Posts
stihl no doubt...i have seen them fall from 30ft up in a tree and are still running and work fine after hitting hte ground...all around great saws, you cant go wrong...for small stuff i like the 260 and bigger stuff the 460 all the way!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.