New Jersey Hunters banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
5,268 Posts
Drag you can come to. Would you want to meetup with us in the morning? I think we should have a opening day of Pheasant season meetup. we can get a nice line of guys together to walk the fields in Whittingham. I use to have like 20 guys in a group and we would get together for opening day and push the fields and woods as a controlled group it always worked out well. Let's do it I will start a post. As for the rabbit hunting I will bring people and Kris you are in and a couple others but I have to keep it controled up there.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Jim, the property is in Cream Ridge (central NJ). Havent been by there in a while, but they were doing perk tests in the fields over the summer. The guy I hunt there with assured me that we would be able to hunt this year, but i'm not holding my breath. My buddy has 5 dogs. Two are very good, 1 is ok, and 2 are "me-too, me-too". The last two are only 2 y.o., so hopefully they will come into their own this year. Its hard for him to get them out alone when you have 3 other dogs at home barking it up in suburbia. My dog is pathetic. She is good alone (a little too slow for me though, but won't miss a check), but put her around a pack and she falls apart. Jim, where do you hunt?

· Registered
15,573 Posts
I have had beagles since I was 10 years old. spent alot of my teen years and beyond hunting bunnies. its been at least 12 years since ive been rabbit hunting.

· Registered
67 Posts
I used to have a beagle that would run on top of a brush pile and jump up and down until she flushed out rabbits. Best hunting dog ever. One time she went into a groundhog hole and didn't come back out, so I went a got a shovel and started digging...all day. Still no sign of her. Thought I lost her but next day she came home.

Anyway, I would like to join in any rabbit hunting if there is room; however, I will not be ready until sometime in January. Thanks!

· Registered
17,791 Posts
Isn't Wildwork a bunny hunter with cl [no swearing please] dogs. Sorry Wildwork just thought I'd mention it cause I thought you offered other guys to hunt with you in the past posts I read. To be young again and run with the lot. I'm looking toward putting my Llewellin to work this week coming. I had my 19 month old dog run a bunny to me this year I shot. The breeder from Va. I got the dog from told me I can ruin the dog allowing her to do this when shes a pointer. Me and the dog are connected and she I beleive will hunt it all. She found a deer in sept. for me to the following day on a neighbors property I had permission to go on if I had to look for one.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Yes, I'm up for some bunny hunting. I have the dogs and will be ready to hunt'em after the holidays just give me a call. I live in the south, but will travel to hunt. I won't go as far as High Pt., but will meet somewhere in between. Jenny Jump is 84 miles from my house. I log the mileage when I bowhunted there this Oct. I know of a few good WMA in this state. I'm working on a book about them now.

Ryan

· Registered
1,081 Posts
even yelp like a dog if i have to lol
Turkey's yelp. lol My dogs flat out bawl, chop and foam at the mouth. I have 8 and at 200 yards can tell them apart. My buddies say " how do you know which one is which" Because I run'em all year long, at night in the dark in the summer. It's cooler at night and there is a ton of rabbits around then. You know before the hawks, owls, cats and fox get'em. Owls and cats being the worst.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.