New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am tired of it seems everyday occurence people driving and looking at their cell phones . a guy in van was drifting right into my truck on rt 287 i beeped and woke him up. people driving 55 mph on rt 80 and looking at the cell phone.i never ever see the police enforcing this law that it seems ,just about everybody is breaking . i was on motorcycle yrs ago and was rearended by a woman talking on her cell phone . i was lucking i wasn't seriously hurt .she just got a reckless driving ticket, what i joke. i just wanted to say people wake up before you kill someone.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
it is sickening how addicted people are to the freaking phones. what the bleep. stay the bleep off the phones while driving. im not some old guy, but im smart enougth to know that looking down on your phone while driving is just freaking stupid. and everyone knows it, but you see all the freaking stupid @$$ morons everyday looking down on the phone.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
I drive for a living and I see almost everyone on their cell phones. Somewhere I read that on average, people check their phones 54 times a day.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I drive about 30,000 miles a year for work. The cell phone usage doesn't even surprise me anymore.

The things I get a kick out of are the guy reading the newspaper while driving, women looking in the mirror doing their make up or the guy I saw the other day with his laptop between the steering wheel and his belly typing away while doing 75 on the turnpike.

People are stupid. Most of them can't drive worth a crap even when there're concentrating on the road.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It's a myriad of different things like the cell phone, texting, etc. I say triple the fines plus loss of license. Bang the living hell out the offenders! I will not drive with someone who answers his damn cell when I'm a passenger. I can honestly say I personally DO NOT use my phone when driving.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
No, then they should be charged but there is already a law.
No, you are wrong. Motorists who run bicyclists over and kill then when texting are often not cited or maybe get a $42 ticket for improper lane change. I know too many who have been killed this way.

Sometimes there is not citation for cellphone use and killing someone.....this is homocide and not the equivalent to a parkign ticket to me.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2014/11/28/3372703/bicyclist-killed-in-collision.html

·
Registered
913 Posts
I see that thing everyday on the GSP ... but my winner is a lady who was FLOSING her teeth while driving on RT 46... totally insane !!

·
Registered
779 Posts
How many people drive with kids in the car? Nothing more distracting then them should we make them illegal? Cell phones are just something else to fine you over before cell phones it was eating or reading while driving people are stupid and do stupid things while driving

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Just something to fine you? A vehicle is every bit as deadly as a firearm. The punishment does not fit the crime when someone texts and mows an innocent person down and kills them. A $50 fine for a human life? No prison time?

On the other hand, we get 5 years in prison if a stray 22LR hollow point is found in your truck during a routine traffic stop.

Driving in a negligent manner whether flossing, eating a hamburger, soup, texting, etc. and if you kill someone with your vehicle, you deserve to be in prison for homicide.

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
Just something to fine you? A vehicle is every bit as deadly as a firearm. The punishment does not fit the crime when someone texts and mows an innocent person down and kills them. A $50 fine for a human life? No prison time?

On the other hand, we get 5 years in prison if a stray 22LR hollow point is found in your truck during a routine traffic stop.

Driving in a negligent manner whether flossing, eating a hamburger, soup, texting, etc. and if you kill someone with your vehicle, you deserve to be in prison for homicide.
& your example of the ammo law is ridiculous too. Fire is deadly too if miss used , should we arrest ppl for arson if they are found with a lit match?
I can understand increasing the fines for " running over a cyclist" but I can't see living in the fantasy world that every cell phone user will be piling up bodies while texting.
I'm the the road everyday , all day & to me a bad driver is just that, a bad driver.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I drive about 30,000 miles a year for work. The cell phone usage doesn't even surprise me anymore.

The things I get a kick out of are the guy reading the newspaper while driving, women looking in the mirror doing their make up or the guy I saw the other day with his laptop between the steering wheel and his belly typing away while doing 75 on the turnpike.

People are stupid. Most of them can't drive worth a crap even when there're concentrating on the road.
I drive about that as well for work, the worst one was a guy eating cereal(frosted flakes w/milk) out of a bowl with a spoon on 287 doing 80.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.