New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Nice job Congrats! By the way I think you were so excited you forgot to field dress her?

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Good job,congrats on your first (and I'm sure not your last) bowkill deer.

B

·
0 Posts
Hocky: where about in the Roscoe area you hunt? I use to hunt up there years ago

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Here is the story on the deer....

First off I did not have a chance to dress her out, because I shot her just at dark, and had to get it in the truck, and to the check in by 7:30pm....I just about made it. Had no time to dress her out. Did it shortly after the photo was taken.

This doe had a broken front leg, and came hobbling out at about 6:30pm...eating berries and stuff. She dropped her head to feed, and I let fly, hit her higher then I wanted to..spine shot, but she dropped on the spot! Bad thing was, she would not die. After about 15 minutes or so, I had to cut her neck to end it more quickly, she was suffering a bit. I did not like doing that though, kinda hit a nerve with me...but its the name of the game. Thats why her neck looks cut in the photo, and you don't see an exit wound on the body..to high to see, but believe me it was a big hole...Thunderhead 100gr. broadheads.

My cousin Bucktail was with me on the hunt. Taken on private land in zone 50.

Mike

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
CONGRATS CATSKILL! [up] I HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO CUT A DEERS NECK LIKE THAT AGAIN. THAT WOULD PROBABLY WOULDVE HIT A NERVE WITH ME TOO! [down]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Geez my cat is bigger then that deer. There are so many deer in NJ why not wait till a bigger one came along?????
Somebody once said," If you have nothing nice to say,
then don't say nothing at all"

FOR A GUY WITH 2 POSTS AND BOTH ARE CRITICIZING SOMEONE, LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT OF THIS WEBSITE.
We are here to congratulate and back one another.
Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
It is his first deer for the love of Pete!

Give him a break!

If it was his 20th deer than I would suggest he learn to p [no swearing please] on it but the 1st one is just fine in my book!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Geez my cat is bigger then that deer. There are so many deer in NJ why not wait till a bigger one came along?????
hey guys is it that time of the month? buck nekkid is acting pissy...hey do you smell fish? :D and besides if you actually read the story you'd know that it had a broken leg and he didnt wanna see it in pain...so shut up! 2 posts and im already sick of this guy...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Just curious Buck Nekkid, are you a pointer or a setter?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts