New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
big fan on chicken livers on a treble hook. Also have had success with hot dogs or lunch meat!! Never had much luck with the stink baits that are sold. Not sure where in Sussex to go, someone else will have to help with that, good luck!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
backstraps for bait ,boy you must have hit your head
I was thinking the same thing. [rofl]

I've used pizza crust and have had luck as well. A buddy of mine used to use shrimp and would hammer the cats, but that can get to be a little expensive.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Chicken livers..is the way to go! I used to wrap it in a very thin silk like cloth found in dollar stores. This made it stay on the hook better so they wouldnt steal the bait.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
i think you guys missed this part
LOL I saw that part, but I like that stuff, gives some extra flavor.

Chicken livers..is the way to go! I used to wrap it in a very thin silk like cloth found in dollar stores. This made it stay on the hook better so they wouldnt steal the bait.
I knew a guy that would use his wifes pantyhose for this same purpose (at least that's what he said [rofl] ) keeps the bait on longer.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys. i gonna be trying a few different areas over the next couple weeks, now that i'm outta school. i just recently put 4 ---- 5 to 7 inch catfish in my pond but idk if they survived. im guessing they did, and i was wondering....how quick do catfish grow???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.