New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to take the boat out at night and do some catfishing. never really done it though. any tips of what time of year, bait, and tatics, do i drift or anchor, etc. also any tips on maybe where in farrington lake

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
now thru summer should be good. id put in up by sir johns and go further up towards the dam. use night crawlers, fresh chunks of baitfish, or live baitfish. shiners/herring/eels/etc. idk if youre allowed to use bluegills but theyre good bait too. ive never tried it, be interesting to hear how you make out

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Don't waste your time they are not in there in good numbers. I saw a pic of a 17 lber years ago and did a lot of fishing there looking for a big one and never got more then a bull head. I turtle it all the time and never get them on my turtle lines

·
Registered
139 Posts
never caught channel cats there at night. caught them during the day there though up to 10 lbs. the spot i found was pretty hot was up from sir johns right out of the big cove on the left where 2 creek channels come togther. the way i have always done it was to anchor up. chicken liver for bait.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I kill the cats in the Delaware. We catch them all night long. Mostly lil guys but have caught them up to 10 lbs. We use chicken liver. you can get it at your grocery store. Get some nice eels too sometimes.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The bass fishing on that lake is pretty good ant night I would not waste my time catfishing it do to the low numbers of catfish in there

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
idk if youre allowed to use bluegills but theyre good bait too
[ninja]
:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts