New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good carpet company around woodbridge area other than Home Depot and lowes? Thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
You might laugh at this BUT I had Empire do it for me last year. Had salesman over, picked out what we liked and the carpet was installed the next day. I don't have any complaints about any of the processes regarding the salesman, the installation and the quality of the carpet. Also, had 3 estimates. I'd give them a call.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I enquired once as I seen their work on Floors and roofs. All you need to work for HD is insurance, don't need any experience, I'd go with Empire before any big lot stores.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
You might laugh at this BUT I had Empire do it for me last year. Had salesman over, picked out what we liked and the carpet was installed the next day. I don't have any complaints about any of the processes regarding the salesman, the installation and the quality of the carpet. Also, had 3 estimates. I'd give them a call.
How much traffic does it get? Kids or dogs?

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
I wouldn't hire empire if they installed my whole house for a dollar

Reactions: archer36

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Thats like hiring certa pro painters instead of me...spy

Reactions: rdfhunter

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
I know of 2 people with major issue's with empire ..first one the carpet was falling apart withen weeks..coming apart in chunks..the 2nd one I was on a job they were at and there was a round metal strip where the carpet should meet the wood floor..they cut it short and left with plywood showing between the 2 ..at least 5 inches in the left corner..I had to call the homeowner cause the mexicans were on the way back to newyork in their jeff spacoli van.

Reactions: rdfhunter

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Severely overpriced the lady who came spend more time explaining her life accomplishments then explaining the carpet. She used her iPad plugged some numbers in and got a price. I tried to get a breakdown of prices and she refused to give it to me. She said the price is the price I have a small bedroom and the price was over 800 bucks which I thought was crazy. She said that was a sale price I can only imagine what the regular price is.

She said "Chicago sets the estimates" I was highly confused and my 7 month preggo wife was ready to lay the lady out lol.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
In small rooms in my house..I buy a quality remnant myself. .I pay a friend to install. .its cheaper that way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts