New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I set one of my Bushnell Trophy cams on a HUGE pile of deer carcasses we've been piling up since 6-day shotgun. The camera was only set for about a week and took 200 videos! We had deer, fox, possum, coyote, racoons and hawks hitting the bait all day and night. We're going to hunt this spot Friday night as we just restocked it with 2 dozen geese carcasses! Here's a few of the better vids:

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
We had deer, fox, possum, coyote, racoons and hawks hitting the bait all day and night. We're going to hunt this spot Friday night as we just restocked it with 2 dozen geese carcasses!
If you're refering to the Special Permit Coyote/Fox Season, you should remember that baiting is prohibited.

See pg. 62 of the New Jersey Fish & Wildlife Digest 2011 Hunting and Trapping Issue for details:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/dighnt56-69.pdf

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're refering to the Special Permit Coyote/Fox Season, you should remember that baiting is prohibited.

See pg. 62 of the New Jersey Fish & Wildlife Digest 2011 Hunting and Trapping Issue for details:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/dighnt56-69.pdf
The property is 100 acres and we're not hunting this exact spot as it's right behind some houses. We just set this out to see what was in the area and it was an easy area to dump the carcasses.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a camera on a pile of deer carcasses for two weeks, but was severely disappointed. Instead of bringing in fox, bobcats, coyotes, all I saw were crows, a hawk and a couple possum.

The hawk pictures were pretty cool, but I was hoping for a little more.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great videos. Like the one of the deer coming in to sniff and then suddenly realizes, uh I better go now!
They actually were there for like 15 minutes. I don't think they were scared of the smell I think the doe in the back slipped or something and spooked the other doe and they both bolted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.