New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering switching from Alum to Carbon. I shoot a 27" at 65 +/- lbs. Hoyt Alpha Tech. I want to use the whisker bisquit however with the built in overdraw my current arrow fletchings are into the biscuit to far. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
With that short of an arrow, you can easily get away with 2.5" vanes. Little less weight will speed up the arrow a little as well.

-dan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good. Thanks. That was my main concern. How short of a fletching can I go without affecting the flight. Do you think that would apply to carbon and alum or just carbon?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Would apply to either. Just watch the tuning of your bow though. You may loose a little steering if you use a big fixed blade broadhead and your bow is out of tune. Blazer vanes are supposed to be really good short vanes for broadhead flight, but I don't know how they will fair through a biscuit. Same for feathers as opposed to plastic, better steering, but not sure how durable through a biscuit.

-dan

·
Registered
282 Posts
if your gonna use short vanes, try the BOHNING BLAZER vanes. they are pretty good. i was using the spin-tite vanes with the crimson talon bheads and i was hitting about inch and a half to the left. switched to the blazer vanes and i was dead center at 35 yds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts