New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to have a nj drivers license to take a car for inspection. My girlfriends sister has a florida dl so could she take a car registered to her mother and get it inspected?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
How would you drive the car there without a license? In theory you could have an out of state license because anyone could bring your car through inspection as long as they have proof of insurance and registration.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I just got my Durango inspected, the Guy at the station asked for DL/Registration/insurance card. to verify that the address on the DL and registration match, and that the name on the insurance card matched the name on the registration-

we actually failed because the insurance card for the car had my wifes name and the car was registered in my name-(the policy is actually issued to us as husband and wife-but my wife didn't change her last name)we actually had to call the insurance company to issue a new card with both names on it[down]This state is F'n unreal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.