New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last Friday 6 of us rain rain and a mother nature light show after dark.Fishing was slow 3 drum 80#,
65 #, and 1 40#'s. I was
ed.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Sorry to hear Bill[sad]

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
between moons it gets slow.
sunday is the full. they should start now and go hard till mid next week.
they should be around for the next new, but if the water gets too warm the sharks are gona kill the bait.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
What is the distance off shore that drum are fished for. I am thinking about heading down and trying for drum from my kayak. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Danny V

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
What is the distance off shore that drum are fished for. I am thinking about heading down and trying for drum from my kayak. Any info would be great.
from the cape, 7-8 miles
from port norris, 15 miles.

but for years they used to fish them out of wooden row boats at night. they fished with tarred line and leather gloves.
you will find them were they feed. any lump that has algae, grasses, clams, crabs, oysters. if the food is there, they will show. many are caught by surf fisherman. but right now with the spawn going, they are at a few popular spots out near deep water.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys I've done real good for the last few years THAT'S FISHING get em next time!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.