New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started feeling better after two weeks of being sick and finally get into the woods yesterday. Changed the batteries in my trail camera around 3:30 and left to change and gear up, get back into my stand at 3:50. Look at pics today and had a doe there at 3:40. As soon as I get in and settled last night wind picks up and started raining. Climbed down around 5:15 and had two decent does on my camera at 5:45. Wake up nice and early this morning, no rain in forecast. Get into my stand around 5:30 and it starts raining around 5:45... Sorry to bitch and complain, just venting [wallmad]

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Sometimes it just works that way...[wallmad]

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Get yourself a Porta-roof or similar camo umbrella. It has a piece that screws into the tree so that you are under the umbrella and out of the rain. Works great and fairly cheap. also doubles as a ground blind if you put it in front of you. i use it for turkey so i can call and raise my gun out of view.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Get yourself a Porta-roof or similar camo umbrella. It has a piece that screws into the tree so that you are under the umbrella and out of the rain. Works great and fairly cheap.
Kept my butt dry and saved my hunt more than once. $25 if I remember correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts