New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out last weekend and saw some guys in a canoe shooting ducks. I am new to duck hunting and have some questions like is that legal, does the community frown upon it, and other random questions. Any response would be awesome, thanks.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
As long as its not under power... legal

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
100 percent legal and no it's not frowned upon in the hunting community if that's what your talking about.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
If jump shooting on rivers best to go with two guys. Guy in front shots and than take turns. Also stay on the inside of the river or bend easier to sneak up on feeding or resting ducks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just like Ithaca10 said. 2 guys. When I first started duck hunting that was the only way we hunted. It's a lot of fun. Killed a lot of ducks doing it too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, I have had a hard time getting ducks to come in this year. But with this ability now it should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
470 Posts
chasing down ruddys in a canoe/row boat is a great way to duck hunt especially when there are only small parts of the lake that arent frozen this time of the year. im new to duck hunting too but ive gotten most of my duck this way this season.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
chasing down ruddys in a canoe/row boat is a great way to duck hunt especially when there are only small parts of the lake that arent frozen this time of the year. im new to duck hunting too but ive gotten most of my duck this way this season.
so you just shoot them when they pop up? sounds like a blast!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts