New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a canned hunt for my nephew that i can drive to within 8 hours drive of NJ
He got three deer his first year hunting. He wants to shoot and eat something different.
He is a beginner so I figured a canned hunt works. Would like to keep it under $3000

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Never did it, but you could try that Mohr's island (an island on the Susquehanna river, Pa. they boat in whatever Usually pig, and you go shoot)
Deer Lures, Cover Scents, and Exotic Hunts
There was some videos on Utube, and it kind of gets mixed reviews...

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, My nephews first year he got three deer with crossbow. I set him up in spots and then he set himself up for the last one. ( moved to a better location after watching the deer. He wants to shoot something different and will definitely eat it .

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Go with Mohr's island, easy, simple and not very far. Just be sure you know ahead of time "who" will butcher it.
Weather is getting, no got warmer, had a friend and a group on kids go there last Sunday

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why not up his hunting skill level instead? Learn how to hunt now that he has a taste.
Why not spend the money on equipment. 3K could be an outfitted new bow (if needed), stands, buy a hunting app, cameras, packs, good hunting clothing, boots. Scouting gear, pole saws, deer carts, high quality hunting knives.
Money well spent IMO.

If he plans on being an independent hunter some day it would be money well spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts