New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody see that? We watch ch12 at work and its basicly a loop, I caught bits and pieces of the story 15 times today. Apparently some a-hole went goose hunting with one of those pistol crossbows. Cops arrested him. Best part was that the news anchors refferred to the perp as hunter more than once.

·
Registered
184 Posts
did'nt see it but the best part is not the media portraying him as a hunter. the best part would be to train the goose to use the crossbow pistol and and have at him with some payback!

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Apparently some a-hole went goose hunting with one of those pistol crossbows.
This CAN'T BE! Everyone knows crossbows just can't be used in any form of crime.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Seen a show on the sportsmens channel today and the hunters on the show where in another country shooting at swans with bow and arrows. One was hit in it's long neck and they showed it flying away with the arrow still in it's neck. The arrow did come out to the other side. I think to show that,that was tasteless.

·
Registered
852 Posts
That show was in NC, I think NJ is the only state that don't allow swan hunting. They would prefer us to hug invasive species. Even though they hsve the permits from the feds to shoot them. Chris

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Can't read the link without buying a sibscrition to cablevision....[eyeroll]

Yes, it sux when the misinformed report the news. As for the Sportsman's Channel showing stupid stuff, it is all about the money there, as well.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
This goose?

"Responding to a report of a man shooting geese with a crossbow, New Milford police arrested John Hall, 49, by the Dorchester Apartments on Sunday morning. They detected alcohol on his breath, and discovered he was armed with two mini crossbows, 60 six-inch arrows, three knives and crackers.

An initial search of the area found no injured or dead geese.

“At the time of arrest, we were unprepared to link him to any animal,” said Police Chief Frank Papapietro. Hall was charged with two counts of weapons possession and a count of disorderly conduct. He posted bail and was released Monday. The Prosecutor’s Office is handling the investigation. It is not clear whether Hall will face animal cruelty charges.

The birds were presumed unharmed, until another anonymous call Tuesday morning reported a goose with an arrow through its webbed foot near the Hovnanian School on River Road, not far from where Hall was arrested.

“It was moving quite nicely with the arrow in it,” Wildoner said.

The goose was captured alive near Hardcastle Pond, a preferred roost, just before 3 p.m. and taken to the Teterboro Animal Shelter. The shelter, which has a veterinary staff, could not be reached for comment Tuesday. Wildoner said she did not know the bird’s prognosis.

“What concerns me is weapons of this nature being fired in a heavily populated area that we are,” Papapietro said."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts