New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While messing with my boat I discovered a new problem. Seems water got into the lower unit, freezed and cracked the case.

If you have or know someone with an old lower case for a mid 80's, 1400 (140hp), Mercury Outboard please shoot me a PM or email.

Here are some pictures of my case. This is a second boat I intended to use for crabing and fishing in the bay. Let me know if you can help, its greatly appreciated.

Charlie - I took your advise the other day and they did not have anything but took my contact info.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dave is there any more info you have on the outboard?? any knid of ser# mod# .Got a friend that is a marine mechanic and has LOADS of crap laying around. Email me those pics so i can forward them to him [email protected] Ill do my best to get you back on the water!!![up]

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elmo, I would but the crack is all the way though the case. It even opened up case where the lock ring screws in. Dont think even good ole JB weld is gonna patch this one.

Thanks a lot SM66! Will send the email in a couple mins.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
dave all you need is a short shaft lower unit for a mercury from 90 horse to 150 i believe been there before... if you want look up trixes they have some layin around.... dont jb weld i did it and it is not good for the long haul only quick fix... also check ebay they usually have good deals.... you could also weld it but gotta find some one with heliarc to do it...

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Noodle [up]

This discovery put a little damper in my plans. exspecially when I was quoted $ 350 locally. I know boating is not cheap but the idea of keeping this boat for crabing and fishing was so I would not muck up my newer boat.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
trixies is a good spot to look as stated ina previos post, if not check with Blood MArine in lanoka Harbor on rt 9 they are a merc dealer and most likly have a ton of parts laying around for older motors

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
This discovery put a little damper in my plans. exspecially when I was quoted $ 350 locally. I know boating is not cheap but the idea of keeping this boat for crabing and fishing was so I would not muck up my newer boat.
lol dave ,boating is not cheap ,ever .That is just a penny of what you will be throwing into it ,I have had boats my entire life and every one sinks me into debt ,welcome to boating :D

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
dave i got one from trixes for a couple hundred

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
boating is not cheap ,ever
b.o.a.t-----i found out the definition last season (break out another thousand)

not sure where ur from but king marine outboard in sewell is a merc dealer he may have something in the yard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts