New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have my m/l permit and extended bow permit, can I take both weapons in the stand with me? I wasnt sure about the legality of this but it would be nice to hunt with the bow and have the added range just incase that big boy hangs up at 40+ yards.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I believe the anwer is "No".

But, I believe that you can have two shotguns in the woods...Or two muzzleloaders....

Somebody help me on this one...[confused]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I doubt it. I asked this question regarding PA hunting, and the answer the PGC gave me was NO.

NJ might be different, but I doubt it. Call the division and ask....its the only way to be certain.

Now heres a thought. Why dont you take your gorgeous girlfriend out there, you with the bow, and her with the muzzy....All bases are covered then.:)[up]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha good call Matty...thats the plan once she gets home :D but I have some hunting to do before she gets back[up]

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
nugent had a show were he shot two big bucks, one with a bow, one with a rifle on the same day out of the same stand. that guy is awesome

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Here's a similar question.

Can I have a fishing rod and a weapon?. For example fishing & duck hunting at the same time.

Another scenario: set out my tipups at Deer Pond in Alamuchy and watch the setup from shore with my bow during winter bow.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts

Can I have a fishing rod and a weapon?. For example fishing & duck hunting at the same time.

Another scenario: set out my tipups at Deer Pond in Alamuchy and watch the setup from shore with my bow during winter bow.
That depends;

Are you wearing green socks?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Online Posts: 1908
Quote:

That depends;

Are you wearing green socks?

Suppose I cross the international date line while doing it?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I have my Glock on stand with all weapons! Just can not use it on Wildgame! In PA, these people all had handguns and rifles in there stand! I witnessed it!

I love being on the job!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Going to say no. But I can see why one couldn't fish while duck hunting.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've had my pack fly rod with me while bow hunting. But was not actually fishing while sitting on stand.

don't see a reason why not though, but this is NJ again.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
But, I believe that you can have two shotguns in the woods...
You can have (2) shotguns in the woods provided that it is for the same game. For instance: a slug gun and a shotgun with buckshot.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
When hunting during the overlapping
firearms seasons for deer and when in possession
of the proper permits for the current seasons,
hunters may carry the firearms legal for
the current seasons. For example, when Sixday
Firearm and Permit Muzzleloader seasons
run concurrently, a hunter may be in possession
of a shotgun and a muzzleloading rifle
and/or smoothbore muzzleloader.
Only one muzzleloading rifle or smoothbore
muzzleloader may be in possession while deer
hunting.

Couldn't find anything about a bow and firearm, so would check first.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts