New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same here in Kansas, if you leave a stand on public or walk-in land, it has to be tagged with the owner's name and address. If they are not hunting, anybody is free to utilize it. I will never sit in somebody else's stand, unless they are my buddy. Just doesn't feel right.

Tight Lines,
DonW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a damn shame now you do all that work to put up your tree stand and that some jerks in your stand that means if you put out bait you can hunt over your bait I guess there’s some hunters don’t have respect

·
Registered
133 Posts
Public land = public access. It ain't YOUR stand if it is on public land.

That is just the way it is. If you leave a stand set up in the woods and someone is in it... you have to wait for them to vacate it before you can take it down.

That is also why, when it was legal to do so, I used screw in tree steps for the first two or three steps. That slowed folks down to a crawl as far a using stands I had built.

RayG

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Public land = public access. It ain't YOUR stand if it is on public land.

That is just the way it is. If you leave a stand set up in the woods and someone is in it... you have to wait for them to vacate it before you can take it down.

That is also why, when it was legal to do so, I used screw in tree steps for the first two or three steps. That slowed folks down to a crawl as far a using stands I had built.

RayG
[/QUOT

I have to wait for someone to vacate my stand?? I'm sure I'm not the only one laughing at that one. Just because you could doesn't mean you should that's a real d#$% move. So I should never buy a stand again just walk around the woods and hunt someone elses. Boykin Runner you summed it up perfectly.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Public land is everyone's place to hunt, just because you found a spot and left your stand there doesn't entitle you to squatter's rights. Anyone can use your equipment when you are not in it, no time element here( kind of like leaving your wallet on the bar and expecting it to still be the way you left it two weeks later) The best thing to do is use a climber and take it out with you( at least you won't be letting the world know about your spot. I would never bait any spot on public land, you are just inviting others to cut you off or hunt your spot). Yeah I get the whole thing about doing the work and hauling all that weight in and out but, there are a lot of shitheads in the woods these days......

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Public land is everyone's place to hunt, just because you found a spot and left your stand there doesn't entitle you to squatter's rights. Anyone can use your equipment when you are not in it, no time element here( kind of like leaving your wallet on the bar and expecting it to still be the way you left it two weeks later) The best thing to do is use a climber and take it out with you( at least you won't be letting the world know about your spot. I would never bait any spot on public land, you are just inviting others to cut you off or hunt your spot). Yeah I get the whole thing about doing the work and hauling all that weight in and out but, there are a lot of shitheads in the woods these days......
Pintail I hear you but that's a real shitty thing to do to someone. I would never sit in someone's stand I would keep moving which I've done many times. Its one of those just because you can doesn't mean you should. On public land you should be putting up the cheapest stand possible and the cheapest cameras so it hurts less if they get stolen which has become somewhat a sport of its own the last few years people just suck. Dicks used to have $39 cameras they were perfect for this. If its not yours leave it alone.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Here's a great idea, don't leave your stuff in the woods. How do you know that you didn't hang you stand in a tree that someone else uses with a climber. There's a chance you put your stand in "their" spot.
Pack out what you pack in. Problem solved

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
One other thing to think about is the liability you have if someone falls out of your stand. Don't laugh, with today's sue happy people who want to hang other's for their own stupidity it could happen. Just more food for thought.....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If i didn't put it up i won't hunt from or in it. Obviously if you're on private property and you're the only 1 hunting it nobody but you or who you allow should be there and use it.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
One other thing to think about is the liability you have if someone falls out of your stand. Don't laugh, with today's sue happy people who want to hang other's for their own stupidity it could happen. Just more food for thought.....
Right there's way too many jerks out there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts