New Jersey Hunters banner

Can anyone recommend an auto/truck "rust" shop in NNJ?

2K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  NJ_Hunter 
#1 ·
Would like to get some work done on an F-150

Best,
Woody

#2 ·
Are you looking to do it yourself or have a shop do it?
Ether way I can help you.

Also depends on what work you need done.

I do small work on my own cars and such, but have used shops in the past that did great job with excellent turn around time in North NJ.

#5 ·
Not Just a Ford My 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 rear Quarters are Bubbling Around the Wheel Well Edge cause I was Told I Trailer My Boat and Because the fenders are Steel and Not Fiberglass like My Old Ford Ranger that They Rust Fast Being Steel!!! Sucks Truck Only has 69k Miles for an 04 and has Rotted Rear Fenders! REDICULOUS!!! GREAT JOB CHRYSLER!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
robnj I was Told by a Body Shop about Doing Fender Flares cause they said if they Try to Repair it and Paint Over it Again that the Rust Will Keep Coming Back No Matter What Unless You Cut Wells or Just Do POR 15 Work then Add Fender Flares Fiberglass Ones from Dodge or Aftermarket both Similiar in Price!

#12 ·
rust is like a cavity or cancer if you dont remove it all it comes back. it must be fully removed... i have used por 15 infact my old beater hunting truck has it on the entire underneath for the most part. it works but you still must do some prep work.

what i did was use a highpower pressure washer to blast of dirty and loose rust. wire wheeled, etc. does it work well i think so but you need to own your vehicle long enough to really find out for sure.

isnt there places you can take stuff including a vehichle to get sandblaster or media blasted.

por15 is also good in areas like the bottom of your doors. remove the door panel and well pain or pour some in so it gets into the seam. everyone knows these areas are also prone to rust.

some parts its better to replace

also hose your trucks down after towing in salt water! dont be lazy

#19 ·
In order for rust or corrosion to happen there must be an anode, cathode, metallic pathway, and an electrolyte. Well the anode, cathode, and metallic pathway you can do nothing about because all of these are part of the metal. So you must eliminate the electrolyte (water, salt water, moisture). So you need to apply an impervious coating (non permeable) over the affected areas to stop water or moisture from getting on the steel. MTMEBNJ is right the better you prep the area the better results you will have. There is no such thing as a rust converter it is BS, but if you can not 100% remove all the rust you should get a surface rust tolerant coating. I have been working in the blast and coating industry for 10 years on military sea going vessels and also a coatings inspector. So take for this what you wish, I'm just trying to give some help.

#20 ·
McBride Auto body in Woodland Park or Pribit Brothers in Litle Falls do good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.