New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever camped here? How is it? Is there really a no alcohol policy? Just want a beer after a long day fishing!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Never camped there before, but since it's a state forest there is no alcohol allowed. Terrible law, but that's what it is.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
This is a true law but if you keep it to a dull roar and poor it in cups instead of bottles and cans in plain site you should be alright. Out of site out of mind...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I camped there once with my friends, and the people on the next site over got caught with beer and were told to leave the campground...

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I've camped there a bunch of times. No alcohol policy is enforced "if caught". Fines will given. Just a warning. Don't be loud and obvious and you shoud be fine.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
yup dont leave coolers out with beer in it, dont leave any signs of liquor around your campsite, and dont get drunk and rowdy, most park police wont mind a few beers if you keep it discrete

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Not really. Nothing will kill a great weekend with your family then a bunch of drunk dinks on the next site
Well siad...

Pay attention to the warnings regarding Black bears...A couple years ago some guy was letting his son feed a bear bagels and the bear took a swipe at the kid and sent him to the hospital.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
This is a true law but if you keep it to a dull roar and poor it in cups instead of bottles and cans in plain site you should be alright. Out of site out of mind...
So you are encouraging the fellea to brake the law are you going to be there to pay his fine if he gets caught?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Not really. Nothing will kill a great weekend with your family then a bunch of drunk dinks on the next site.
I agree,worthington was full last year so I had to go to a private campground nearby,it's amasing that places that allow drinking have liquid assholes running around everywhere,we left the next day. I found if you're discreet and don't start hootin' and hollerin' the rangers don't really bother you much if you put your beer in a plastic cup.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
If you want to go a few miles north of Worthington and have a beer, try Bear Creek Campground in Walpack. A NJ State Trooper owns it, and the camping area is right on the banks on the Big Flatbrook. There is only a porto-potty and a water spigot for amenities, and he sells firewood. It's away from everything else, is only a few miles from Layton, and about 10-12 miles from Branchville and Dale's Market. Alcohol is allowed. If you are interested, call 1-973-948-4384. The owner is Ken Salazar.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
agree,worthington was full last year so I had to go to a private campground nearby,it's amasing that places that allow drinking have liquid assholes running around everywhere,we left the next day. I found if you're discreet and don't start hootin' and hollerin' the rangers don't really bother you much if you put your beer in a plastic cup.
That's the way we used to do it in the early years. If your having to good of a time you will be ticketed and tossed out. So be adult about it and attract no attention to your self. Oh and split the booty up into 2-3 stashes cause they will confiscate it. Give them a box full and tell the that's it. They should leave you alone unless you leave the park as if to get some more. After you get thrown out go in to Pennsy , there are plenty of family/private grounds. Oh the memories.[drinking][ko][sleep]

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
camping,fishing, and a couple brews go hand in hand in my book
handcuffs work real well hand and hand when you brake the law. If you can not do without for a couple days from a couple beers you do have a problem

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
NJ BLOWS for camping. So many rules and regs, not to mention the over-priced State Park prices. I've been hiking and camping in over a dozen states. NJ is the WORST! Might as well have a ranger babysit you for a couple of hours beforehand so you know what you're getting yourself into. They need to relax a little bit. They come by and harass you, ruining a good time. In other states they ask you if you've seen this, or that. They point out little known spots on a map for you. In NJ they ask you what you have in your pack, what's in the tent, how old are you, how long you stayin, can I see your permit/ receipt. NJ camping BLOWS!!!!!!!!!! BLOWS HARD!! Really.
I was camping at a beach in Malibu CA with about 25 people, most of us where drinking. We had 2 park police come by, and all they said was "if any of you need anything, we'll be down by that shack. Have a great time" and they left us GROWN-UPS alone the whole night. Why does it always have to be big brother in this state?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts