New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using ? I can not believe the prices for some of these. I am using a Sony VX2000. I was looking at models that were $ 500 are you kidding me..........

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked out Lone Wolf's web site their tree arm looks nice. They even sell an extension to make it longer. Anybody using that one ?

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i use gorilla... its only one i tried.. cant complain for what im filming... if your doing professional quality i wouldn't recomend it.. cant really move it smoothly...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
a gl2 on a gorilla will sag. it gets to the point its sits so off balance. gorilla is best for s small cam corder. use that set up on top pointing at your shot or a top view of the hunter/ gl2 on a muddy wit the fluid head for the impact shot.[up]

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
I'll cast another vote for the GoMuddy arm.
If you like the LoneWolf design, I can put you in contact with someone who make a simular arm but in a heavier model.
As for a fluid head I recommend a Bogen/Manfrotto 3130 or 128rc for being smooth and somewhat affordable.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GG that one holding your GL2 is that a Lone Wolf ? or the knock off you speak of. The tree section looks just like a Lone wolf

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
This is a really awesome arm. This is what our NJ and PA team are using. It's realy easy to use and you can shoot 360 degrees around the tree. http://www.huntercamcradle.com/

·
Registered
15,556 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Parker I used the Lonewolf this season but am filming with a smaller Sony. No fluid head but most of my hunts are self filmed so not as much an issue for me. Set up becomes second nature, pull bow or gun up, set up arm, put cam on, set zoom, hunt. I prefer the pull strap to a rathcet strap unless you are leaving the arm in the tree. Loewolf a bit sturdier then the Gorilla, but not as beefy as the two GG shows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts