New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED>> Camera Thief caught on camera,. CHARGED and case closed

Today I was out checking my cameras and noticed one of my Moultrie Cams had been tampered with. Someone tried to pry open the lock box. The camera was still inside and looked OK. I pulled the card and when I got home I was happy to see I had a great pic of the guy. The pic shown is the first of a group of about 10 the cam took over a twenty minute period as the guy tried to pry it open. This area is in Jackson and is posted as it is Private Property. If anyone knows the guy please post his info, PM me or have him PM me. Good luck this week to all. Stay safe out there. Thanks. Oh, and please remember all parties are innocent until proven guilty!! LOL So for those of you who were negative and didn't think anything would be done here is the disposition of this case. He was identified and charged. Fish and Game came and looked at the area, the property lines, the No Trespassing signs, the damage, the photos, etc. They interviewed him and he was charged with hunter harassment, trespassing and criminal mischief. Case was handled in municipal court. Done... One less s b to deal with in the woods.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Great clear pic. Should have no problem busting the pos. I would take all the ones of him tampering w the camera to the local police and f&g and start the ball rolling on trespassing/theft charges. Chances are they may know who he is. Also make a flyer and hang at the local
wawas and sport shops.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I thought I caught a trespasser on one of my cams this morning on a private piece so I moved the camera and took my stands out,It ended up being my buddy but I couldn't tell in the pic because of the way the sun was angled.lol

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I can't understand why u r such a big xbow fan. They have led to more trespassing , illegal hunting, vandalism incidents....
That was a sarcastic question.This guy wouldn't have been in the woods if it wasn't for a crossbow.to lazy to put the time in to learn to shoot a real bow but plenty motivated when it comes to stealing.....well I guess not looks like he sucks at that to.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks like he shot at a deer,Crossbow is un loaded.Left his area and went looking in yours.I bet he is hunting the property next to you and would be easy to find.He tried to get at the camera so not to be seen.Good luck ,Wait for buck week trespassers[up]

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.