New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted that I had my camera on the border of a wma which I hunt the private land edge of. It was Gina all summer but opening week someone stole the chip out of it (I lock to a tree but it doesn't lock shut ; cabelas cam I use on iffy places it might disappear)

Anyway I seen 3 trucks there and stopped to ask the guys if they knew anything about it.. They got defensive and said they didn't take the camera.

Weeks went by and I have not hunted there but a friend called me yesterday saying he met a guy in a sports shop who turned out to be one of the guys who I spoke with- he said the one guy said "oh and tell your friend I didn't take his camera chip- if it were me I would have taken his whole camera"

Wtf?!?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I feel for you. I finally bit the bullet and bought a trail camera after years of saying it will prob just get stolen. I had it out for 4 days and went back and it was gone. Private land too. Just doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You know, when chips go missing I think it's one of a few things.
#1. You got someone on cam who didn't want to be on cam.
#2. The person is hunting a deer and doesn't want you to know it's in the area.

I've seen cards actually get replaced with one of a different brand. It's not as low life as you think, as one low life already stated..... I would have just taken the whole camera.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
No cameras and start another war. Trespassers steal cameras or cards so they don't get caught. I can't believe the crackheads would be ambitious enough to walk the woods period, let alone steal cameras to pawn.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was on a wma- I've had a card stolen and replaced and so did my buddy once... But that was private land.. We assume they took the chip to delete their picture to avoid a trespassing charge.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
That blows. I put out a camera a few weeks ago on a private spot surrounded by other private spots and 2 days after I put up the cam, I returned to check it. Camera was there but chip was gone. It was a brand new camera that came with batteries and a sd card so I know for a fact I put the chip in.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
I never put out a camera without a locked steel security box. They are worth the $25-35 bucks. There's a reason they make them for almost every camera on the market today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.