New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
how far is away from your bait? looks pretty close. i would lower it and back it up a bit

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
I usually set mine about four foot high ,but than I wedge a stick behind the top part of the camera. That does two things, tightens the camera and angles it down slightly.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha thats the thing i didnt use bait. how high do you guys put your cams. dose the deer look to be a decent size you catch a glimpse of his antler it would be cool for a first buck

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You have it way to high. Look at all the open space above his back. I put the laser 1 to 2 feet above the ground where you expect the deer to be.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks ill try that i was going to make a little wedge plate or something if you guys told me to angle it

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea another 2 ft we would probably be looking at a decent pic this happened to me last year also , <a href="http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w154/bootscraper619/?action=view&current=SUNP0005.jpg" target="_blank">
</a

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Not sure what you're doing, but you're getting too much in between the "img" boxes.

Just put this:

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w154/bootscraper619/?action=view&current=SUNP0002.jpg

Inside these:

and you get this:

I dunno...your links aren't working for all the pix.

Since you're on photobucket, they already have them with the "img" tags. Just copy and paste that.
[up][up]

By the way, I usually put the bottom of the camera around the top of my knee.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
There ya go. You got it. Also, the reason you're getting headless deer if you're not baiting is because you have to angle it at the trail you expect them on more. The trigger speeds are not fast enough on many cameras to catch a deer before it's partly out of frame if it's walking by. If it's walking towards or away from the camera though, it will get their heads!

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
I usually set mine about four foot high ,but than I wedge a stick behind the top part of the camera. That does two things, tightens the camera and angles it down slightly.
[up][up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got the crappy camera for 45 dollars at dicks lol wild view and the trigger speed it i dont no but it will take one pic a minute

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Angle the camera 45 degrees to the bait or game trail. Place the camera at a height between your knees and your waist. Place a stick about the thickness of a broom stick handle at the top between the cam and the tree. This helps angle it down. Also you need to place your cam higher on a upward slope and lower on a downward slope. In addition face your camera either north or south not east or west. Reason being other wise your photos during the magic hour "first hour and last hour" will be effected by sun glare.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts