New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my PVC feeder and trail cam in the same spot I got hundreds of pics last season including several good bucks. I added a mineral block and buck jam too. This was a week and a half ago. I went to check it today and only had 6 pics. I didn't even bother pulling the card. I know the cam is working....it took 2 of me while I was there. It just seems they haven't really hit the feed. What the hell?? What would you guys do? Let it sit or move it?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
seems like more of natural food sources around with all the rain .had the same problem put a bag of corn n some sweet horse feed,deer block,n mineral block had 3 pics in 3 weeks 2 were me setting n checking the cam the other was of a doe who was bout 30 yards not even looking at the pile.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you need to find a new huntin spot...
This is only one of my spots. It's property we own. There are deer there but lately not much sign...not even tracks. I'm going to let it sit another week and if no luck, maybe move to the other side of the property.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
sometimes the movements are more seasonal.also as others have said there could be a really hot food source nearby.
sometimes it's just the matter of a neighbor that's really baiting it super heavy and the deer are really keying on that really hard.
don't worry,it can be just a matter of readjusting a little to figure things out.[up]

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Mineral blocks are not their main source of interest now. I would spread your corn out really good and not just at the base of your PVC feeder. I would throw corn far and wide in the surrounding areas and then more as you get closer to your feeder. This will show them the way!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Northern. When I was there today I broadcast it over a wide area....we'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.