New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my zone 3 guys there calling for rain. a goddam monsoon isnt going to keep me out of the tree on the 3rd!! who ele is going to brave the elements, for our opening day?

Good luck[up]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Going fishing in the AM but I think ill be behind my house in zone 3 for the first time since last Jan. [up] Good luck, if its raining wait for the shot [up]

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
You can brave it, but is it ethical to take a shot and have no blood trail to follow because of the rain?

I'm going...it just depends on how long and how hard it rains for me to let an arrow/bolt fly.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can brave it, but is it ethical to take a shot and have no blood trail to follow because of the rain?
If its pissing rain im not going to take the shot, just seeing them will get my heart pumping[up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I'll be out on Saturday no matter what :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Afternoon for me. I have to work in the AM. If you get a double lung, you dont need a blood trail, you will see it fall.:D

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Ill be sleeping if it rains. I was out for opening day on the 12th in the rain and once is enough for me. It rained to hard to take a ethical shot.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
If you are confident in your shooting ability and make a clean heart lung shot, there will be more than enough blood for you to follow, even in a "monsoon".

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Being disabled I must wait for a tracker to get there.

BTW, all the confidence in the world with your shot placement doesn't mean they won't run off. I've seen a deer with a heart shot run full out.

ADDED: Maybe this will be my chance to use the new law and hunt a Sunday. [up]

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Good luck, if its raining wait for the shot
Hear-hear !!

I'm not going to preach, but, I lost a very nice buck because of the rain(mostly because of the rain).

Hard to track them, should the shot not be perfect, or, simply, the deer just takes a few extra seconds to expire and makes it to a tough area to locate.

Never again, for me......

Either way, best of luck. Hope you stick one !!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
It might be raining out on Saturday, but it never rains under my tree umbrella!!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I'll be out in 4 on Saturday. I've got a freakin' Christening to go to in PA on Sunday. My wife is actually pushing to drop me back off in 4 on Sunday afternoon, then meet up with her brother and hunt Monday. Thinking about doing it, but his stand sites suck.

·
Registered
973 Posts
good luck to all who can get out today! Hope to see some pics tonight!!Stay safe...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
not one drop since the morning ,these weather man suck big time [wallmad]
good luck everyone

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
went out expecting rain to get them moving from the 99% full moon the night before but didn't get any rain!

Saw a doe moving through the haze right at day light and then nothing after that...stayed out until 11

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I recently read that if a meteorologist is correct 35-40% of the time, they are GREAT at their job!!!
im quitting my job and becoming a meteorologist,
ok here is my first try ,sunday for you private property and wma hunters, partly sunny all day.
monday for you guys calling in sick for work or school same as sunday tuesday probobly the same ,hump day ill say rain to play safe ill say 50 -50 rest of the week till the weekend will be good .some one send the check to me or any sporting good store in nj with my name on it and im good [up]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts