New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the producer of a Columbia University Graduate short film shooting for 3 days in early/mid June. We are looking to rent a rustic/hunting cabin within a 1-2 hour drive from NYC(the closer the better).

We need a cabin that has at least two somewhat separate rooms and not too modern looking. The less windows the better!

We are very responsible people and can provide proof insurance.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Cabins: Ten furnished cabins each with wood stove; two single beds; one double-deck bunk; kitchen with cold and hot running water, refrigerator, electric stove; half-bath with toilet and sink. Electric lights. Each accommodates four people. With prior permission from the superintendent, two additional people may be accommodated. Cabins are adjacent to Lake Ocquittunk. Open from April 1 through December 15. New Jersey Residents: $55 per night; $385 per week; Non-Residents: $65 per night; $455 per week.
...........NJDEP - News Release 13/P19 - Christie Administration Launches Online and Centralized Call-in Reservation System for Camping and Cabins in State Parks and Forests.....................................Department of Environmental Protection

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
The insides of the state cabins have kind of a '70s look to them-not sure if that's too modern looking for the filmmaker. You might want to check with the folks at the Walpack Inn-they have an older looking cabin for rent:

Walpack Cabin - Wake up in Walpack by the Walpack Inn

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Oh man powerstroke that cabin looks yummy.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I might be able to help. Would something like this work?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
im getting married at the walpack inn in September, me and my groomsmen have that cabin that night before. Its probably a bit top to modern for what your looking for.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Grenades mom, what is your film about? Frankly Columbia University does not have the best reputation amongst hunters and 2A supporters; I know several alumni and despite their stance count them as friends. Given the current climate in the northeast regarding the 2 A and the aforementioned reputation, transparency on your part may aid you in your efforts.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Grenades mom, what is your film about? Frankly Columbia University does not have the best reputation amongst hunters and 2A supporters; I know several alumni and despite their stance count them as friends. Given the current climate in the northeast regarding the 2 A and the aforementioned reputation, transparency on your part may aid you in your efforts.
[eyeroll] It sounds like they're probably filming a horror flick...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
How much to get Ned Beatty on the porch to Squeal like a pig......[rofl]

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
im getting married at the walpack inn in September, me and my groomsmen have that cabin that night before. Its probably a bit top to modern for what your looking for.

I got first dibs on all his gear [hihi]

·
Registered
786 Posts
Is Jenna Jameson going to be there? [rofl][rofl]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts