New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lot of folks off for the holiday, anyone else making a run to Cabela's? Meeting up wih a buddy at the park and ride at exit 24 rt 78 at 9:30 and headin west.......... hope the place isn't packed, I hate wallowing around like a cow in a crowd........

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my buddy is going to swap back his optima he bought last week for a stainless barrel instead of the blued barrel he got, I am also going to make sure he gets a 209 primer version as well. As for me? maybe more ammo, maybe look at a brush gun- lever action 30-06's have been peaking my interest. Maybe look at re loader kits..... I am also in need of a new heavy outerwear setup, the ole jumbo one piece suit took a bit of a beating this year. You up for a trip? I could stop and pick u up on the way....... call me 201 247 5154

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Thanks Mike but my office is open and Im at work today.

Ill be going camping in PA during Easter break with the family and already mentioned to the wife well leave the evening before and camp in the Cabelas parking lot. (never done this before but see people do it) ;) Well wake up, hit Mickey D's and shop at Cabelas since we cant check in to the campground until 2pm[hihi]

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I am at work as well [wallmad] I'm hopefully going this coming weekend. I have that $20 off over $150+ spent. I have $225 in gift cards so I am looking to go. Hopefully my buddy gets his taxes back this week so we can go

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Let me know how you sneak all that stuff back in the house past the wife Mike.

I'm always game for a new trick [hihi]

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Meeting up wih a buddy at the park and ride at exit 24 rt 78 at 9:30
a little 'toe-tappin' with the senator before heading out? [kiss] (relax, it's a joke)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
phew, spent not one dime........ 75 degrees in that place and I can see why they don't care about the heat, their prices are not that great. My advice: know what you are looking for and know your prices. I saw one interesting gun I thought about, 45-70 lever action, used..... not knowing what they go for I decided against buying it. I saw another gun of interset, a remington 50 cal rolling block, interesting because I have one, sad tho they were asking 800 and theirs wwas in what seemed better condition than mine. I did make one good find, the bargain cave. While my buddy was waiting in line to pay for the muzzle loader he was buying I found the exact one in the bargain cave for 140 less than he was about to pay, box the gun was in was dented, and the gun had been a floor model. Sighted in at 80 yds on the way home and after 6 shots he's got em touching at 1.5" high. long but good day over all.
so in closing, know your prices, shop the bargain cave, wear light clothing, and dark sunglasses, sales staff woman are not so easy on the eyes !

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
nice [up]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Hey what is the stock like there? I heard lately they have cutback on their quanity of stock on the shelves.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Went there once when it first opened. Now I just wait for free shipping. No lines, no one in my way, and best of all no ugly sales people. [up]

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I went Saturday got the Cabela's 225 lb tripod feeder out of the bargin cave for $75 instead of $160, box was torn but everything was there,got a try glow choke for my stoger for 18 and the best was the ameristep deer cart for $39 instead of 109 got 2 for that price

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I was there yesterday as well.

Bought 100 rounds of 9mm hollow points for $37, a nice pair of sitka-like pants for 60, and a pair of 5.11 pants for 30.

And it was hotter than hades in there!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
i was there on the 10th and i was sweating like a pig..everytime i go to cabelas i sweat my ass off..quite a few items that i purchased were on sale online and not in the store when it was listed on sale in hamburg..other than having to go on one of the keyosks and print out all the sales prices of the items i wanted it was money well spent.. i purchased $1000 in stuff and only paid $369 outta pocket and i took my wife and kids and bought them all matching camo sweats..taking the family softend the blow of spending on myself...wifey didnt complain 1 bit..if i went bye myself id still be hearing about it today!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts