New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some here have said Cabelas won't ship to NJ, yet others have said they have had them shipped here.

Sooooooooooooo..........

I contacted Cabelas and got into a conversation with their legal Dept. 10 days to call me back [confusedagain]

Conversation:

What is the reason you don't ship Crossbows to NJ ?

We don't ? [confused]

Duh, No

I'll have to look into it.

OK

ONE WEEK LATER

Oh, the reason is is that NJ law restricts anything that PROPELS a MISSLE, WITH an ELASTIC BAND

WHAT ??

YES, that's our policy

Then how come you ship Vertical bows that have the same type of String, and propel "MISSLES"

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm ! We'll get back to you on that...

5 DAYS - STILL WAITING !

Boy are they missing out on some sales.

Oh, BASS PRO never returned my call [down]

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't JB on the other end of that line [rofl]

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
so much for a good thread ....and medge claims we throw the first stone[eyeroll]...i just got my cabelas fall catalog and it still says we dont ship crossbows to nj...if its legal to hunt with them then they should have changed their policy immediately

·
Registered
327 Posts
Glad you have a sense of humor [wallmad]

·
Registered
747 Posts
They wouldn't ship me a dog training starter's pistol.

Hey, we live in a state where you have to go to all the trouble of a FPID card to buy a child's bb-gun ... no wonder Cabelas treads lightly here.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i just got my cabelas fall catalog and it still says we dont ship crossbows to nj
It said that when I ordered mine...I did it online and they shipped it...then I didn't believe it so I called and they told me as long as I don't live by New York's border...and I got it..UPS

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ya know guys...we should be able to joke with each other without getting upset...Max in different words called me a "fatass"...No biggie...I know I wear a spare tire at all times...Not a big deal to joke....Let's just try to have fun here.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FLASH - FLASH

Just got a call from the Cabelas Legal Dept.

They have decided that since NJ DOES NOT recognize a Crossbow as a Firearm requiring a FID card, they feel there should be NO RESTRICTIONS on shipping them to NJ.

So...

As of now Phone orders WILL ship to NJ

Internet sales restrictions will be removed at the next up date (Daily)tonight ?

So order away guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
FLASH - FLASH

Just got a call from the Cabelas Legal Dept.

They have decided that since NJ DOES NOT recognize a Crossbow as a Firearm requiring a FID card, they feel there should be NO RESTRICTIONS on shipping them to NJ.

So...

As of now Phone orders WILL ship to NJ

Internet sales restrictions will be removed at the next up date (Daily)tonight ?

So order away guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now hold on a minute there NS911,I know I could probobly get my bows cheaper somewhere else but don't you want to patronise your local sporting goods supplier? What do you do when your bow or xbow needs work,go to a local guy that you didn't buy your equipment from? In these tough economic times you need to patronise your local suppliers for more than your lisence or to check your deer in. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Interesting point, Max.....folks might think that they can get a better price from Cabela's or BassPro...I bought mine from L&H in Waretown...and paid the exact same prices for everything that Cabelas was charging....I agree with you....I preferred to patronize a local business....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts