New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this season I will be in need of new boots, 800/1000 grains of Thinsulate. Has anyone ever owned boots with the Cabela's and/or the Red Head (Bass Pro) name on them? How would you compare them to Rocky, Wolverine, Irish Setters, etc.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I've got a pair of Cabella's boots that I'll be putting on momementarily. Very comfortable and never a problemmthough their only 2-3 yrs old.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i have the redhead's. i have uninsulated, 400gr and 1000gr. had them for 5-8 years. good boot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually some other known co. must make them for cabelas!
I'm sure your correct on this

I have a pair of Rocky Bear Claw, I think they are 800gr. of Thinsulate, I like them, but I think I will need a new pair for next year

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Not sure about boots, but Cabelas seems to dominate Red Head in just about everything! Can't really go wrong with Cabelas, but I like Danner and Rocky boots myself.[up]

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
other companies do make things for cabelas.

for example, cabela's carbon arrows, made in the same factory as carbon express arrows. group the same as carbon express arrows as well...

i own a pair of uninsulated cabela's rubber boots. fit well, dont squeak, and were waterproof until i stepped on something, now i got a tiny hole (socks are damp if i walk thru a stream) that i gotta fix wit some of that wader repair stuff if i can ever find the hole. oh, and they rang up wrong in the bargain cave. i got them for $2.47 [cool]

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i have owned a pair of Red Head boots for 10 years same pair (all leather with Thinsulate) great boots A+ quality, very warm and comfortable. i would buy them again!!! I own a pair of rockys as well and the Redheads are much better!!

i have never owned cabelas boots but every other cabelas product i have owned i have been happy with it so i would buy boots too.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have a pair of Cabelas boots. Have owned them for 7 years. Best money I have ever spent on boots. Warm-dry-comfortable.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I had rockies forever up till 2 years ago... my mother for xmass bought a pair from the catalogue the sportsman guide.. its there own brand... they ar elike 90 bucks... they ahve thier own gortex called Guide Dry... they are a nice boot was very durable and for the price u can't beat them... i just thought they were a little heavy for me... I like to stalk during NYS rifle at my old club off 500 acres the 2nd weekend no one was every up.. so i would tip toe the woods.. The ones from the sportsman guide were a lil to heavy for me... but if ur sittin in a stand really warm and comfy.. I bought a pair of cabelas for this year.. I have the cabelas visa and used my points i get back and bought a nice pair... i can't complain so far.. bout the cabelas boots and i knwo a few people who have them and lovem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't buy boots from on-line or by phone, I like to try them on, I will take a ride after the season

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
KOBEAR... find the whole and use a rubber worm... melt the tip of the worm and dab it on there... the rubber the fake worms are made out of work really well and hold up... I read that in Field and stream in the tips section didn't believe it till my brother borrowed my waters.. gavem back and i had niagra falls running down my leg fly fishing... so i tried it and works great....

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
To be honest they are all made in China and the quality is all shit if your asking me. I had boots that lasted 10 seasons, now with all this Made in China garbage flooding the market I get 2 seasons out of them if I am lucky. I am talking about name brand boots, not the money saving brands.

Reactions: Ccrossbow

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Bowhunter.... go u p to gander mountain... see what they got... they have deals going on all the time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dave, your correct, I had a pair of ROCKY CORNSTALKERS, they lasted for so many years, I have a pair of ROCKY BEAR CLAWS I got many years ago, I love them, but the new ROCKYS I'm sure are made in CHINA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts