New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you buy any clothing or footwear on the cabelas site before 3/5 you order will ship for a penny. promo code 32penny details on the site.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
depends what your buying in some cases I would say yes.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I've noticed that ordering from Cabelas is only a value if you find something on clearance or the bargain basement/barn whatever. You can't use multiple coupons. I'm not impressed with my Cabelas points either.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only reason i buy from cabelas is because my company gives me gift cards for their store. your right ducati the only values are in the cave.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Agreed that the cave is the only place for bargains... but even that is suspect as I've seen stuff show up in there at only a dolar or two off.

It's like shopping for anything else. You have to know what you want and how much it costs. I used to use gander all the time since it was staight forward, free ship and no coupons. But over the last year or two I've done my shopping side by side in Gander and Cabelas. Every time, my cart orders (after whatever specials they are each running at the time)come out within pennies of each other.

Fact is, if your gong to buy it when you need it and not when it pops up on sale.... you're going to pay either way. (of course I say this as I'm looking at Cabeles and Gander sales flyers on my desk in anticipation of getting a turkey vest and some trail cams... and I'll probably torture myself comparison shopping yet again. I'll never learn)[wallmad]

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm not impressed with my Cabelas points either.
Really? I just bought a medium Secure Vault handgun safe, with shipping, all on points. I've been using them for years. It's great putting my kids college tuition on them for the points. Except for Rutgers, those bastards want an extra $200 bucks to use a cc. Guess the football team needs MORE $

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
[up] Ducati, you are 100% correct. I never pay full price for anything at Cabelas.com. If I can't find what I want in the "bargain" section, I don't buy it. Their regular prices are terrible.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Cabelas retail stores never were the best places to shop for price. Before they built these stores it was a good deal ordering from their catalogs. Gander mountain was the same way. I don't deal much with Bass Pro, but I imagine at one time they were fairly reasonable. Its comes down to all the overhead they have to charge for.

In a better economy you hardly heard a word about this sort of thing. Everything has gone up everywhere, except of course wages of the common man who used to be the back bone of it all. With workers being treated as a commodity and good paying jobs at a premium it is not going to get any better any time soon..

As for penny shipping and the perceived discounts....you already paid for that or will be paying.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
:D If you look at the same items at Gander, Bass, and Cabelas, they have identical prices except if one of them happens to have it on sale/clearance. They have suggested retail prices that the manufacturers tell them to sell and they follow it. They feel that they have the market cornered and there is no need to undersell the competition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.