New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesdays muzzy rain was a good rain. My cabelas "Dry Plus parka" didn't hold up to the claim of bone dry ! I called customer service yesterday and they looked up my old order . It was 3 years ago that I purchased the Parka and said that it is not noted but all water proofing wears off. I explain to the lady that it is not my everyday atire so in total in the three years I wore it 30 days. She said every time the garment is washed it is being stripped of water proofing. No where on the label does it say that.
Well long story short, anyone with a dry plus garment you need to wash your stuff in " NIKWAX " It is a rejuvination of the water proofing. Its like 15 bucks and they sell it at Cabelas. That stuff will work on gloves also.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
thanks for the info...I have some 10 year old Dry Plus insulated fleece stuff from them.....have used it out in the snow without a problem...but not in the rain....

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I tried a parka with Dry Plus back in January at Cabelas and thought that it too noisy. This right in the store were the background noise is pretty loud.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
broadhead- I am 6'7 and 298lbs A parka is the least of my noises in the woods. Like a bull in a china shop ! I have a size 17 boot and i swear every stick, branck, loose rock gets under my feet.

All honesty. The Dry plus that I have is not noisy at all.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Love my dry plus....waterproof and quiet. I've had the parka and bibs about five years and only need to wash them twice a season so it hasn't been washed a whole lot. Tuesday it was raining the whole day and I was totally dry. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to only wash them when necessary and will Nimwax them in the future.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sportwash works of Dryplus too. Until Cabelas bought there own soap they reccomended Sportwash as the only product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts