New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up the Deerslayer tomorrow @ Simon Peter for $400 + tax and would like any suggestions you can offer on sabot slugs. I have been using my muzzy last two years and have hunted rifle out of state for the last 18yrs. Also does anyone know where I can get a sling for a pump shotgun? My 30.06 has a sling swivel that clamps to the barrel, do they make those for a shotgun?

Thanks for any advice[up]

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put $100 on it last weekend and read Model 87, when I was doing research I saw the Deerslayer was called 37's. So I called S/P today and the guy read Model 87 off the gun. Any slugs that do a little less damage then the lightfields? I saw a doe posted on here with a exit wound the size of mini cooper[smirk]

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'm gonna take it up to Flatbrook and punch a few targets right after I pick it up, and head back out into the wilderness. I'll look into those Federal slugs, Thanks. Anyone have any sling suggestions?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a 87 it shoots great but it took alot of slugs to find the rite one. my shoots federals but no 2 guys shoot the same. and that is a good price if u don't like it i will gladly take it off ur hads

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely excited! I have rifles and handguns, I haven't had a shotgun since I lost my 870 express combo in a house fire as a teen.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Huh, Well I was at Flatbrook last weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I was looking for patches and balls for my Hawken. I went to S/P and the gun was $499.00, when I inquired about it they told me they would take $100 off. I asked if I could leave a hundred, they asked when I would pick it up, I said asap, definitely before permit shotgun z6. They took my card and wala. I heard a Guy putting money down on a bow today while I was on the phone.Didn't read the signs on the door. Your more than welcome to call and ask if the have this shotgun saved.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On their website it says the begining of this year or last{can't remember which that they would statrt charging $10 a month for holding a gun whether through a gun raffle or purchased there. They probably statrted with layaway then. Anything to make an extra buck. Last Saturday was my first time in there. Yeah pete, can't wait to get my paws on it tomorrow.[hihi]

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well stopped by and picked up the shotgun today. Picked up some Federal 3" sabots aswell. Ran up to Flatbrook, put a target up 50yrds, dead center three inches high. 75 yrds I was 1 1/2 - 2" high. Only thing I disliked was how tight the trigger is don't think I've ever had to squeeze a trigger that hard

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.