New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this topic does not belong in this forum. i have two questions.
1. I have a FL CCW and live in NJ, can I walk out with firearms same day from a store in PA?

2. Anyone know of any good gun & ammo shops right over the river? I am in the Princeton area and not too far from PA

After everything I have learned in the six months since I have moved here from FL, I don't think I want to get a FID card, the less the state knows about me the better. I will just shop in PA

·
Registered
219 Posts
1. No - you need to get your FID card if NJ is your legal state of residence before you can purchase any long gun (rifle, shotgun). You can then purchase a long gun from an FFL in any US state or in a private transfer from another NJ resident.
If you want to purchase a pistol, you need to obtain a pistol purchase permit from your PD (and you might as well get printed for your FID card at the same time so you don't have to do it again, later) and then you can purchase a pistol from an FFL or private party in NJ. If you want to purchase a pistol from out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a NJ FFL dealer where you will complete the NJ paperwork using your pistol permit to complete the transaction within NJ.

2. You'll have to wait for some of the other guys to answer this question for ya.

You don't need an FID card if you buy a pistol or if you already own guns that you purchased before you were a NJ resident. Otherwise, you're stuck having to play by the Communist rules like the rest of us. [wallmad]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
depending on the shop in PA they wont sell you a gun unless u are a PA resident. Cabelas and Basspro will only sell you long guns WITH a NJFID but no pistols. They will all let you buy the guns there and ship the firearms to NJ so you can prove you have the right ID.

to make the story short. you NEED to have a FID to buy in NJ and 90% of the shops in PA. liek i said before alot of shops wont even sell to you or will make u ship the gun to NJ.

I would apply for the NJFID ASAP

·
Registered
219 Posts
One thing I forgot to add - if you ever want to purchase pistol ammo in NJ, you'll need your FID card. If you plan on just purchasing ammo in PA, the card is not needed.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Buy all your ammo out of state
[up]

Agreed - it's often cheaper and less BS than in NJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.