New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on my site but thought I would let you guys in on it too :D

This is a great video for doing your own deer . Kind of a big file but well worth the download time . If you have cable modem its not bad at all . It took maybe 10 seconds to start playing . Its about 14 minutes long .

Enjoy

Updated 7/18/07 by Dragthor

New link: http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/video/deerfield.wmv

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've done all my own deer for 20+ years. To do it right it take s time. My instruction and tools come from LEM products. He has the best gear and prices. LEM is owned by Larry Mentz. Me and my kids 10 and 12 do our deer/game and furbearers. Iwas grtting $5 for coon meat from my fur buyer last year. $2 for muskrats. Not bad when you harvest over 2000 'rats.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I just watched this video. I always removed the 2 rear hams then seperated them. it looks much easier to do right when its hanging I will definatly try that next deer I butcher.

·
Registered
973 Posts
nice to know I was butchering correctly. Thanks for some new tips. Don't forget to take out the silver ligaments in the meat.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I've butchered deer before, but it's never been done as easy as this guy showed it. If I get one more deer, I'm going to have to try this guy's method. It looks too easy not to try.

David

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I been cutting up deer for along time. Always did it the way my Pap, and Uncles did it. I have a butcher shed out back with electric meat saws, grinders, knife sharperners, and refrigerator for what I can't get done at one time. Thanks for this link...who says you cannot teach an ol dog new tricks.

·
Banned
2,691 Posts
Descent video. Ive been butchering my own game for a few years and it gets easier every time. It's kind of like falling off a bike you never forget...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts