New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my butcher (jorge from rockaway) moved. he did a great job i'll miss him.
anyway, anybody got a recommendation for a good clean shop around the randolph/rockaway/denville area? otherwise, i'll be driving the better part of an hour tomorrow to my old guy's new location. too warm for me to hang this deer all day until i could do it myself tomorrow night
thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm in the same boat Jorge was my butcher as well. I remember there was another guy up in Stanhope or around there that I was going to go check out but can't remember his name.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTB is even further away for me.
Ended up just taking it up to Jorge's new place in Hampton and am very glad I did. His new shop looks amazing and as always the same friendly welcome and great service. Didn't even take as long as I thought to get up there. Can't wait to pick up my cuts and sausage.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
George the Burcher in Kearny and Jorge at his new place are both the same exact travel times from Rockaway/Denville. George offers more and is cheaper then Jorge right now but Jorge was my guy when he was still around. There is a guy in Stanhope but the name eludes me

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Which George or Jorge is now on Richard St in Newark? He is amazing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello ACABTP
Newton is not so far at all, most of the customers from Rockaway are still coming here,25 min ride on 15 N
our address is 33 old stage coach Rd Hampton (Newton) NJ
our tel has not changed, 862 432 0387
I'm so proud of what we have done here,check us out on the web njgamebutcher.com
Blessings, Jorge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello REDMAN
just wanted to say thanks for bringing your game to me in the past, if you ever need me, the drive is 25 min from Rockaway on 15 N
our tel is the same,862 4320387 and the new address is 33 Old Stage coach Rd Hampton (Newton) NJ
My work speaks for it self"
Blessings to you and yours
Jorge

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everybody
My two cents, I've been to Jorge's new shop, all I can say is DAMN!!!!! It is the cleanest and better shop i've ever seen, bar none! Besides, I noticed an inspection sticker in his wall from the Health Department. If I'm wrong, some one please correct me, but I've never seen one of those in ANY of the other shops. I dont know about you, but I take very serious what I put in my kids bellies, so the extra 20 min I have to drive are nothing compared to my piece of mind, let alone the sausage!!
I hope this helps

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I brought my deer to Jorge in the past and did not know of his new place and contact info. Now that I know i will continue to bring my deer to him. He did really good job of cutting my deer. Plus, i hunt up that way so it will be even easier now to drop my deer off. I wrote down you info Jorge, hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hola BIG8PTR
I will gladly butcher your game here, the facility is much much bigger, we now have 5 electric hoists, including a couple that can lift a 880 lb Bear, our cooler is capable of holding 100 animals, set at 35 degrees, and the walk in freezer is at below zero!
you have to see it, it exceeded my expectations, we are now regulated by the Health department,
I'm looking forward to seeing you and many more of my old customers.
Blessings and be safe out there
Jorge

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go to Jorge the butcher in Kearny (new shop is in newark) you will not be disappointed. He is by far the most accommodating butcher I have met and his work is top notch. Not to mention he and his wife are just all around great people. Tom is also great people and does a great job if you are farther west

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, Hampton (Newton) is only 25 minutes from my old location, we have a great new facility, including a brand new walking box, where we can store close to 100 animals, also a walking freezer 12x12,this place is huge! 60feet long by 36 feet wide
the cutting room is very spacious and now we have 5 electric hoists to pull up the big bears.. most of the old costumers are still coming here, and now that I"m retired will have enough time to give everyone a little more attention!
and as always cleanliness is priority number one and fast turnaround, Smoked meats are right around the corner, salami, bologna,kielbasa hot sticks, smoked chorizo (spanish of course) and Salchichon.
you can see all that took place in our facility at njgamebutcher.com
Blessings
Jorge

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hello everyone, Hampton (Newton) is only 25 minutes from my old location, we have a great new facility, including a brand new walking box, where we can store close to 100 animals, also a walking freezer 12x12,this place is huge! 60feet long by 36 feet wide
the cutting room is very spacious and now we have 5 electric hoists to pull up the big bears.. most of the old costumers are still coming here, and now that I"m retired will have enough time to give everyone a little more attention!
and as always cleanliness is priority number one and fast turnaround, Smoked meats are right around the corner, salami, bologna,kielbasa hot sticks, smoked chorizo (spanish of course) and Salchichon.
you can see all that took place in our facility at njgamebutcher.com
Blessings
Jorge
. What's your new address and phone number?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Stratus... Jorge's information..."tel is the same,862 4320387 and the new address is 33 Old Stage coach Rd Hampton (Newton) NJ"

He is not far off of RT 206 in Newton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts