New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These pic's sort of suck but you get the gist of the whole thing. This is an awesome deer for NJ. It is a typical 10 pointer with one split brow tine. I had not seen anything for about two day and things didn't look much better for today as I hunted the morning with nothing to show and I decided to hunt a climbing stand location that I hunted last year quite a bit. Once I got in there and set up I did a real good look around from the stand and I could see no real sign for deer. I was pretty bummed out but decided to stick it our to see what would happen. I was in stand about 2:30pm and had a couple of good naps before the wind died down to nothing and it turned into a great night to kill a BIG ONE. The sun was just about to set at 4:45pm when I heard this brute coming in. I saw it and started to lift my bino's to check it out when I could see horns I just said "This is a shooter. Why am I looking at it?" I had only two shooting lanes as I had not been in to see this stand before and had said to myself, I have two shots, here and here. As he cleared the first lane I came to full draw and when he trotted thru the second I let fly. Maybe a 10-12 yard shot if that. The old Wasp Boss did the trick. He didn't go 50yards. The rest is all the work. I did like the bear. I called for the wheeler and backed right up to it to haul it out. Life is sweet. This is actually my first buck killed with a bow as we have an antler restriction on our property of 6 points or more. The saying is if you aren't going to mount it why are you killing it. This is the largest deer we have killed on the 3 years we've had the property. My first deer killed with my new Matthews Outback. I didn't have a flashlight with me so I had to walk out to the truck and I waited for a friend that was hunting on the property with me to come over. As he was a new hunter I wanted to demonstrate how the crowd from NH has taught me to track an animal when they have been bow shot. Find the arrow. Find the blood. Follow the blood. Find the animal. It couldn't have worked better to show this fellow how it all works. I am so excited. Can you tell I'm excited? Better pictures to follow.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
WOW REAL NICE!!! way to go DRAG!!!!![up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
thought it was your story? nice deer.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Good story Nice Buck Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
great for a piney deer, congrats

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Great buck, but whats up with being on the cell phone in the pics?[confused]

"Yeah Betty, I'll have two plain pies and garlic bread with a side of sauce...send pics of that big rack to all my friends too......oh no, not you darling, I was.....click........." :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I love the guy's expression in the first pic

[rofl][rofl]

That face says it all....I bet he was up all night reliving that hunt. AWESOME

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
theres a few right here in burlington twp where i live the neighbors across the street backyards is a thin wood stip that pans out sort of like a pizza shape man does it hold some beauties im in the process of getting permission from the owner in conneticut real nice guy he says yes he's gonna talk to his partner and get back to me bow hunting only my wifes mom lives on the other side and she said she saw a buck with the ugliest antlers she has ever seen and they were everywhere the antlers of course...i've see some pretty nice bucks in this county just most of them are backyardagains...my buddy joe caruso took a nice buck in springfield with the muzzy he was in the classic like 3 or 4 yrs ago i think it scored 146 and change

1 - 20 of 24 Posts