New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning i saw 4 bucks standing next to the guard rail in the field on rt31 south just past Clinton Ford. it looked like they were going to cross 31. Man one of them was a nice 10 pointer. tall and wide rack. looks awesome in velvet.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Woj, I see those bucks there all the time, they pretty much live around the cemetery. In the evening they hang out by where the comfort inn is going to be built. My wife and I stopped one day and watched them for a good ten minutes. One of these days I have to get a few pics of them. Too bad we can't hunt there.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i always see them there as well. did you ever see the family of Foxes that lie around on the north bound side? this one big buck i haven't seen before. there is a guy who hunts by rutland hardware. he must go down in that patch by the river. he must do good down there.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
When I go home to Pa on weekends, and I return back to here on Sundays, I drive Pasr Edna Mahan Womens Prison, and I always see about 20-40 deer Standing in that field. I would love to hunt that piece of property, hell I would love to just get a trail cam in there to see whats what

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a friend of mine used to hunt it. but it was a pain he said because of going through security all the time.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I haven't seen the foxes, but there are two big bucks in there that are nearly identical. I had asked about that patch and was told by a Clinton cop that it wasn't legal to hunt, moreover most of it is well within 450ft of the houses across the river. I abided by his warning since the cops always hang out there to give speeding tickets. :(

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but that guy who hunts across the river by rutland must do good in there.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Stealthy, i saw a beautiful buck yesterday in along 31 where they want to build the Comfort Inn. I only saw the rack from the side. It was a six or eight but the points were real tall.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was sitting at the light at grayrock on 31 and off to the left out of that thick brush by the new homes came 6 deer and they ran up the other side by Martin's funeral home. They were 2 bucks, 2 does and 2 fawns. The bucks had small racks. Probably only 4 pointers but they were out of velvet.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Did you ever drive around by the State Police bulding and then into the Exxon facility of Rt 78 and then back onto Rt 31 by the HS? I have seen upwards of 100+ deer back in there and I am sure some locals or cops are hunting these deer.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see them all the time there Bob. I live in that area.

Clinton WMA is across rt78 from the prison sorta. i don't hunt it though. my buddy used to hunt the prison. he said it got to be a pain with all the checking in and checking out. he just stopped going there.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
When I am coming home from PA I see about 20-30 deer in that large field. There has to be some bucks in there, and maybe even a few large ones, but it doesnt look like they have much cover, only a few hedgerows.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i've never been in there so i have no idea. but there are alot of deer there.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My buddy was only able to hunt there because his accountant got him in there. His accountant hunted there and i guess they were looking for more hunters to take some of the deer out.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i don't know. he said it was a real pain in the "you know what". that's why he stopped going there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts