New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for new members. Must be over 18 and have preferable deer driving experience. We are in the New Gretna/Warren Grove area, hunt(drive) state land during buck week. Dues are $360/year which covers meals, transportation, warm roof over your head, and a good time during buck week. Members have access to spacious clubhouse year round. We have about 15 members as of now due to aging members and we also combine with another club so we can cover some nice pieces.

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
We hunt state land.  The club is located in state land and members can use the club year round.
so we are paying to use state land when it is free for use to hunt with a group [confusedagain]

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
oh...we have access to the club house year round..it sounded like he was letting us use the STATE land if we pay [rofl] i got ya.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
t sounded like he was letting us use the STATE land if we pay i got ya.
Bad part is I wouldn't doubt that there's people out there like that. Coming from hunting with a club my whole life, it is really nice to have a place to go to before or after the hunt to relax for a little bit, or just hang out in the off season. Good luck getting some new members and this season. [up][up]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really wish people knew more about how clubs really worked. We don't charge to hunt free state land. The dues cover meals and transportation during buck week. They also go to pay the real estate taxes on the club, insurance on the club house, vehicle insurance for the week on the woods truck, propane to power the club during buck week so everyone can have warm food and showers. There is no profit on the dues, everyone just wants to hunt and have a good time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a some pm questions that i will address. We stay at the club all buck week. We get up very early, eat, go out and do drives until lunch, eat, go back out and do drives until dark, go back to the club, eat, relax for the next day. We have a very fun group of guys. We don't usually see too many hunters where we hunt(although it is state land), we work hard out there but the payoff is well worth it whether you get a buck or not it is still fun. The club house is a good size, we have dining room, living room, and upstairs bunk room, bathroom with hot water showers.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I really wish people knew more about how clubs really worked. We don't charge to hunt free state land. The dues cover meals and transportation during buck week. They also go to pay the real estate taxes on the club, insurance on the club house, vehicle insurance for the week on the woods truck, propane to power the club during buck week so everyone can have warm food and showers. There is no profit on the dues, everyone just wants to hunt and have a good time.
And this is the reason our clubs have been around as long as they have!![up] Bordentown was established in 1939, and to say we been goin strong would be a lie, i speak for all of our Clubs as we had our ups and downs but to keep it happening, well thats why our sport is still around and of course we have children to keep it happening as well[up][up]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our work party/meeting is November 1st in the a.m. weather pending for those who are interested. This will probably be our last meeting before buck week. This would be a good oportunity for those interested to speak with our club members.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only a month away until Buck Week. We are still looking for members. A few guys pm'd me about the meeting but never got back to me. Anyway, I was at the club and saw deer running, so of course the excitement is setting in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.