New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use it or products similar to this. Curious as to know how well it works or if it even works at all?[smirk]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
works great ,been using it for few years

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
i use it and its great! the deer are still ocming to the spot on the ground that i poured it on about a month ago..i have trail cams to prove it! [hihi] i use ripe apple

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
FD,

It works ridiculously well. I have posted a number of threads here over the past two years concerning its use.

The only possible reason for it not working is if it rained extremely hard right after you put it out and it dissolved very quickly...or if you simply don't place it where the deer are traveling and didn't put it in a reasonable spot.

For example...I use it all summer in front of my cams. Last week I put some out in a new spot and mistakenly left the cam on "trail setting".....six days later I came back and I had 2200 pictures...with one buck in particular that spent over 7hrs in front of the cam at various times over those 6 days doing nothing but eating the jam.

Basically, the only way you can go wrong with this stuff is to put it in a place where deer are not traveling...or are unwilling to go.

JC

Below is a pic from a "buck jam log" earlier this summer...since that time the deer have eaten so ,uch of the log...it is now less than half that size around...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
For the guys that say it works good, what do you pour it on? Do any flavors work better than others? I poured some on a rotted fallen down tree 5 feet from a corn pile and they destroyed the corn, but did not touch the tree.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JCChartBoy... thanks alot! I purchased a few gallons and from what you and others are saying it sounds too good not to use it![smoke]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
what do you pour it on? Do any flavors work better than others? I poured some on a rotted fallen down tree 5 feet from a corn pile and they destroyed the corn, but did not touch the tree.
Any flavor doesn't matter at all. You can also pour it any place and they will eat it. Pour it on the ground and they will eat the dirt. I try to find rotten matterial and pour it on that. A big long really rotten log is great.

My biggest problem with it is the fact that the deer litterally stand in front of the camera for 30-40 minutes chewing and licking at it. If you have a fast cam and don't set it really slow you get literally thousands of pics a week. (I screwed up this week and had 6700 pics between two cams that I had to wade through only to see does fawns and few yearling bucks.)

JC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts