New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up my Browning A-bolt 12ga rifled shotgun this weekend. I originally owned this gun brand new in 1996. Even at that time it took months of searching just to find one in stores.
That gun was stolen back in 1999, and I swore to myself that I would replace it someday. This spring after years of search I finally found what I was looking for. Brand new, and in the box with the original paperwork.

·
Registered
942 Posts
They are one of the nicest guns period...I would love to get my hands on one .I have looked around for a long time..Man I'm jealous..Best of luck with it..[up]

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I've been looking up and down for one for several years now! I found a few so far but most have been used.Others were the ones w/ the rifled choke tube instead of a fully rifled barrel.The going price is now also over double the blue book value.
Great gun-good luck w/ it! I'll keep looking,in the meantime I'll hold on to my Rem 1100 slug gun...

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input Veni....
This gun will most likely be purely a back up/range gun at this point. I already have my Savage rig shooting exceptional well and I find some comfort in hunting with a synthetic stock.
I have put too much energy into setting up guns in the past year and want some time to really focus on what I already have up and running.
I see this gun and I having a long relationship and plan on treating it very well.

Savage..

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Thanks JC,I'm always on the lookout!I bought a Leupold Vari x III 2.5-8x36 scope years ago with the hopes of one day mounting it on that A Bolt shotgun. Needless to say,the scope is still sitting in its box in my safe...I would like to put it on that A Bolt one day.
I have 2 A Bolt rifles and previously owned a third.Yes,I'm a big Browning fan!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts