New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As is my custom, I started shooting today (after turkey season). It took me about 10 shots to get the muscles warmed up. Initially I felt like I was pulling a rusty gate. My shoulders and back were creaking, but eventually I got to hold back at anchor for a second and a half. :D

Aiming will come later, I just have to build the archery muscles back into shape. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up] every single night i go into my basement and pull back my bow 10-20 times and hold for 30 seconds for the first 10 pulls and 20 seconds for the final 10 pulls..its a good way to keep your arm in shape[up]

keep it up![up][up]

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
that archery exerciser looks nice. might get me and dad each one. i'm fortunate enough that i can still draw and hold mine and hold for more than 30 seconds if i must. probably will not be that way without practice, if i get a 60 or 65 recurve.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm comfortable before the season. I'm shooting 2-2 1/2" groups at 25yds w/4 arrows. I have found that I shoot better on days that I shoot before I exercise, or on days that I train legs. I suppose I shoot the bow better with "fresh" muscles. :)

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
I shoot the bow better with "fresh" muscles
that's a good thing as most days you are plenty fresh from sitting there for hours and usually only get that one shot anyway [up]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.