New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you bring your own target, can you use broadheads at WMA ranges such as Clinton or Blackriver?

How about the Kearny range?

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
How bout broadhead use at Kearny range?
There was a sign there years back that said no broadheads use but I see guys always using them there anyway.
Not sure if the sign was actual removed or if someone just took it down but they do use them there.

By the way nice to meet you at the meeting last night John ;) Thanks for coming out to support the UBNJ IT REALLY MATTERS [up]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like wise and thanks Drop Tine, Thanks 230grain!!!

Most likely will hit Cherry Ridge on Fri or Sat to final tune my bow. Probably will also sight in my new 870 cantilever with Nikon BDC scope as well.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You do realize that Cherry Ridge is a private club? You have to be a member, or go as a member's guest.
My bad. I started out the post asking about Clinton WMA and got sidetracked with the post about Cherry Ridge.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
My bad. I started out the post asking about Clinton WMA and got sidetracked with the post about Cherry Ridge.
Sorry....I was just trying to give information...I wasn't aware you were only interested in state ranges. I belong to Cherry Ridge because the state ranges generally suck. My club maintains the state range at Rockaway River WMA. Jackasses illegally shoot broad heads there and destroy the targets as they do at the other WMA ranges. We are on the brink of abandoning the work on that range.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
state range at Rockaway River WMA
To access that range, doesn't one have to park and walk a good distance through the woods? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told the way the range was setup your shooting uphill towards the targets?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:
state range at Rockaway River WMA
To access that range, doesn't one have to park and walk a good distance through the woods? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told the way the range was setup your shooting uphill towards the targets?
If you park in the designated parking area you must walk about 190 yards. If you park on Taylor RD you walk about 88yds.

The shooting is flat not uphill.

Look on Google earth 40-57-17.10N by 74-34-18.60W. If you zoom in enough you can even see the targets.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
If you park in the designated parking area you must walk about 150 yards. If you park on the side road(I don't remember the name) you walk about 75yds.
Amazing, all that land and they couldn't set up something closer to the road. I would imagine if not for your club keeping the paths open, the range would be inaccesable, or at least a pain in the butt to access most of the year due to growth.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:
If you park in the designated parking area you must walk about 150 yards. If you park on the side road(I don't remember the name) you walk about 75yds.
Amazing, all that land and they couldn't set up something closer to the road. I would imagine if not for your club keeping the paths open, the range would be inaccesable, or at least a pain in the butt to access most of the year due to growth.
Yes and we are on the verge of stopping because of the a$$holes shooting broadheads at the bag targets paid for bt Green Mountain Bowman.

As far as the distance from the parking this is the spot DFW allocated for the range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts